The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today - Monday 22 May
22 May 2017, 02:24
It's coming up to lunch time here in South Australia and no one has started the 'fasting today' thread yet. It used to be so different when I started 5:2, nearly four years ago.

Had an okay weekend, skipped some meals, but still too much overall. I've prepared the vegetable toppings for tonight's 'Mexican pizzas' so that will make it easier. On Thursday I'll be making a soup which I actually prefer for fast days in autumn/winter but the rest of the household less so.

Anyone joining me today?
I'm in but not too much time to post because I have to get the dog to the vets. Only a routine appointment for her vaccination top-up, so nothing to worry about. Thank goodness!

I'll be back!
I'm in as well! Busy day at work. Just ate my fish and veges.
Kept very busy so the day flew by. @Wmr309, I will try and kick my Thursday fast this week off with a post. Yes, I too remember the good Ol' days on here.
I'm still trying to decide if I'm in today or tomorrow. If I do tomorrow, then that's helpful for my wednesday weigh in. But I feel like I probably should fast today as the scale wasn't pretty this morning.
Do as much of today as possible, say till dinner, and see how you go tomorrow? My first fast of the week is nearly done, but I'll do my best tomorrow not to waste all that good effort. Good luck @Tracieknits, whatever you decide.
I'm in. I'm making an herby frittata (kuku sabzi) for dinner:
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/persia ... deo_Status
I can hardly wait!
My fast went reasonably well yesterday despite cooking a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings! I had two slices of very lean pork, masses of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, a smidgeon of proper gravy and a teaspoon of home-made apple sauce. I managed to avoid the roast potatoes by heaping them on my son's plate and had no dessert, even though my husband and son had home-made blackberry and apple pie with custard! :angel: I was feeling very virtuous and later in the evening ate a small ice-lolly. I may have been pushing the 500 calories but I don't obsess about counting them any more. It's such a relief to no longer be doing that! :grin:

I am trying to keep up the good work today and, at present, seem to be dong OK despite weighing more this morning (after a fast day! :frown: ) than at Sundays weigh-in. Sometimes there is just no explaining what our bodies are doing, is there? The important thing is to not get too obsessed with the weight on the scales and accept the bodies natural ups and downs, without taking it personally because that way lies madness! :shock:

Good luck in the forthcoming week, folks! :clover:
7 posts Page 1 of 1