The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
fasting on Thursday, 13.7.-17
13 Jul 2017, 10:40
here I am again. My second fast is going ok. weighed here myself, 68kg. Never been that heavy before, BMI 26.56. I am seriously considering alternate day fasting. Something drastic needs to be done :frown: Hard writing this with only left hand. :frown: Think i WILL QUIT NOW. capitals with one hand are hard.
I'm in too. Sorry you're struggling, @Margotsylvia
Hi
I'm fasting today, too. Just coffee so far, but even that wasn't easy, I needed more than usual! It's very, very hot here so I'm hoping that makes food seem uninviting. The heat makes it hard to go out for a much of a walk or anything, and I have too much to do around the apartment so I can't spend the day in a nice air conditioned museum or anything like that.

Sorry you are struggling Margotsylvia
You are probably right that alternate day would work. Or something else to shake up the intermittent fasting routine, How many hours are you fasting now? You can always change it, instead of doing 24 hours, I've been trying to do 36 or 42. (So after dinner last night until lunch tomorrow, that's 42 hours). Alternate day seems hard to me, because I like to have my weekends.

Good luck to you and all the fasters today!
I am fasting today too . I feel tired because I did not sleep well last night . I have had coffee water and just made myself a green tea . I am glad I am at work . I find it so much easier to stretch out my day that way . I am not hungry per say but the weather is so dreary here .. its making me think of foods I can not have today . I ate dinner last night and hoping to hold off and have something small this evening !
nycnyc2013 wrote: Hi
I'm fasting today, too. Just coffee so far, but even that wasn't easy, I needed more than usual! It's very, very hot here so I'm hoping that makes food seem uninviting. The heat makes it hard to go out for a much of a walk or anything, and I have too much to do around the apartment so I can't spend the day in a nice air conditioned museum or anything like that.

Sorry you are struggling Margotsylvia
You are probably right that alternate day would work. Or something else to shake up the intermittent fasting routine, How many hours are you fasting now? You can always change it, instead of doing 24 hours, I've been trying to do 36 or 42. (So after dinner last night until lunch tomorrow, that's 42 hours). Alternate day seems hard to me, because I like to have my weekends.

Good luck to you and all the fasters today!

I'm 3 hours north of you (Saratoga) and it's only 71 right now -- but it's so humid that i almost feel the need to wring out my t-shirt. I'll bet you can find a nice gazpacho. That's my favorite "omg it's too hot to eat" food, but I've never made a great one and it's not popular around here. Even with our huge restaurant scene, it's hard to find a good gazpacho. Probably because we don't have quality tomatoes in this country. Wow, tangent much?

Good luck @NYCNYC2013 and @Irenie!! I definitely think fasting on a work day is the way to do it.
Dear @Margotsylvia

I understand your "despair" over your weight gain and your wish to remove the extra weight as quickly as possible. Whatever plan you decide on for losing weight does need to be doable for you - which includes that you don't find it too unpleasant. Of course, it may well be that your motivation to lose weight will help you stick to more strict plans. But given your health issues, I feel it is important that you do eat nutritiously and keep a wide range of whole foods in your diet, and don't put too much stress on your body through long fasting periods. Have you ever tried eating according to your hunger, choosing nutritious whole foods - as per the Amanda Salis approach?

It is possible that because the extra weight went on quite quickly, that if you return to normal eating, and reduce / remove the added sugar / non-wholegrain foods from your diet, that the weight will come off quite quickly.

Best wishes and good luck whatever you decide. :clover: :smile:
I've been fasting today and it has been a good day. Although I don't usually cut back too hard on carbs on non- fasting days I have been trying to do so this week. Only five days before I go on holiday and I would benefit from losing a couple of pounds! I also fasted on Tuesday, after my daughter and two granddaughters returned to Belgium, so I may try a Saturday fast as well this week. Well done to those who have fasted today and, @Margotsylvia, - don't be too hard on yourself. Just do the best you can in the circumstances! :smile:
7 posts Page 1 of 1