The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Forum
31 Aug 2017, 11:30
Hello, my name is felipe I have been fasting about a month following the 16/8 pattern I've lost about 20lbs.
Been feeling great but think I hit a plateau now and not sure what to do so any help is welcome decided to register here to keep learning .

Re: Hello Forum
31 Aug 2017, 18:52
Wow! 20 lbs. in a month is amazing. I think I would just keep sticking to it and give your body a chance to get used to the new weight! If you feel you need to do more you could try fasting one day, or lower your carbs or exercise a little more!
01 Sep 2017, 01:26
Hellooo
Yeah I want to loose 10 lbs more to hit my target but I've been stuck on this weight for about three or four weeks..,.
By fasting one day you mean no eating the whole day?
01 Sep 2017, 01:39
I'm a little confused. In your first post you said you've been doing 16:8 about a month and lost 20 lbs, but you say you've been stuck at the same weight for 3-4 weeks. Did you lose the 20 lbs. in the first week?

Yes, some people instead of 16:8, choose to do 5:2 which is eating normally 5 days a week and then fasting 2 of the days, eating only 500-600 calories that day. Many people go all day without eating and then eat those calories in the evening. So, you could try to do that one day in combination with 16:8.

But, I do still think you need to give your body time to adjust. Typically you should expect to lose about 1-2 lbs. per week on this WOE.
01 Sep 2017, 18:44
I was writing without getting the dates correct hehe sorry I started by the end of July umm ....well I lost 10lbs the first week I think it was water weight then I lost 10 more and now I've been on the sam weight for about 2 weeks I think I should write my weight down on a paper.
01 Sep 2017, 21:13
Or use the tracker here at the forum. I stand by my above advice!
02 Sep 2017, 01:35
Thanks for the advice [incompatible emoji removed] [incompatible emoji removed]
7 posts Page 1 of 1