The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dare I start a fasting today thread??!

I have been unwell for the last few days - a head cold and nausea / funny tummy - and as a result have eaten a lot of white carby foods that are gentle on the tummy, and also sugary things when I didn't have much appetite but felt the need for something. The sugar did help with the nausea. I avoided my usual salads.

I feel better in myself today - yay - though still have the head cold. Tummy seems fine, so I thought I would aim for a light day, with no processed carbs - back to salads! I won't push myself to do a "normal" fast day - partly because I feel I need to give my body adequate nutrition, but also because I know I will have trouble sticking to the low cals - but aim to have another light day tomorrow. Will see how I go.

I had been planning to start the FODMAP diet this week, and will try to follow that from today to see if that helps with my (relatively mild) IBS symptoms (mainly bloating and associated issues......). The main things I will miss are yoghurt, apples, cauliflower, mushrooms and dried fruit. Will have to buy the lactose free yoghurt I guess. Otherwise there are not a lot of foods that I often eat that I need to exclude.

Any other Wednesday fosters?? :clover:
I'm in (as well was on Monday) but I find it harder and harder. Thinking I give up and have something to eat, but so far I have persevered. As always on fast days I use a recipe (adapted to LCHF or not totally) from Hairy Bikers diet cook books and on non fasting days recipes from a LCHF cook book. I make a dinner plan for Monday-Thursday each week, otherwise I would fall of the wagon totally LOL. Going to be interesting to weight and measure on Friday, this might be the week when I hit minus 10kg. One can always hope ;)
Dear @wolfie

How did you go? I understand about some days being very hard to fast - I find that in general now. :curse: I can manage light days, but it is very rare for me to keep the cals to just 500.

I am happy with how I managed yesterday, it was a lighter day than I often manage for my light days. But that was because it wasn't difficult - I was able to eat enough to feel satisfied. Other days this is not the case...

The worst thing was not being able to have a small handful of sultanas in my salad lunch - I have got used to having that sweetness and don't know what to replace it with. Will try a few blueberries.

:clover: :smile:
3 posts Page 1 of 1