The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Thursday 21st September
20 Sep 2017, 22:25
Hey folks.
I am aiming for my second 'real' fast day today. By real I mean fasting all day and then not going home and eating too much.
On Monday I did one that I basically ate nothing because I realise that stopping eating is my vice.

Bizzare to think that on Monday Morning I weighed 115.2kg, and this morning (after having a really big dinner of beautiful lamb my wife made) I weigh 111.8kg.

I know that weight fluctuates, and this will probably equalize at 113kg, but heading into my next fast day I am certainly bolstered by the thought of losing another kilo.

So is anyone else doing a fast today?
A couple of days ago I had thought about having Wed and Thurs as light days, as I did last week. But I realised this morning I would not be able to manage it. Too hungry! I had a light breakfast and was busy all morning, but have needed a decent lunch. Had my usual salad but that was not enough. Craved bread but made do with banana and peanut butter plus a drizzle of golden syrup... (FODMAP diet does allow glucose and sucrose, so I let myself have a little if I really want something sweet. Blueberries weren't sweet enough!)

BABrisbane, I am sure you know that weight measurements can fluctuate a lot from day to day. Hydration levels and food waste can mask what is happening with the fat. Water gets retained when you eat carbs (I think for every gram of carb - when it become glycogen - 3-4g of water are retained) or have salt. It may be that on Monday your water and body waste levels were high, and today they were low (even with the large meal). One litre of water is a kg, that's only 4-5 glasses of water/ cuppas. Also scales have measurement error. But we ignore all that when the scales are going down and hopefully some of your loss was fat!! :razz:

Good luck for today! :clover:
Hi! I'm in today for my second fast o the week. Thursday is a good day of the week to fast for me because in the morning I host the piano accordion group at my house so it's impossible to eat. I then have to negotiate the hunger pangs caused by my husband making his lunch and then I usually have something to tie me to the computer and keep my fingers busy.

Salmon and vegetables with a little couscous for dinner this evening and a few strawberries and blueberries afterwards. I wonder if i will be able to hang on until 7pm? Fingers crossed! :smile:
Well I made it through the afternoon without any problems. I enjoyed my dinner - didn't quite make it to 7pm - and have been out with the dog for a brisk walk before it gets completely dark. it poured down here for most of the afternoon, so we left the clearing up from dinner and dashed out when the rain stopped. Just over a mile but, according to my osteopath, that is plenty at present.

I have my fruit to look forward to later. I am full from rather a lot of couscous (I never get the quantity right!) so may reconsider the accompanying yoghurt when I come to eat it.

Hope that everyone else's day has been satisfactory. Mine certainly has!

Settling down in front of the TV soon, so good night.
4 posts Page 1 of 1