The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Back on 5:2! :)
04 Nov 2017, 17:15
Hello my name is Abi & ive been fasting on and off ever since the Horizon programme first aired. I've been at my lowest weights when I've stuck to the 5:2 way of eating 100% combined with exercise and felt great, then things get in the way & I fall off the wagon. I am a really bad emotional eater (sad, bored, tired, poorly, celebrating...I will always find an excuse to treat myself!!)

Anyway, after a few stints of trying SW and WW I've decided to get back to 5:2 with a vegence as I know that it's what works best for me. I'm currently at my heaviest weight and will be graduating next week in a dress 2 sizes bigger than when I started university so although I am really disappointed in myself, that's helping me feel motivated to crack on and see this through til I reach my target weight!

Current weight - 11st 13lbs
BMI - 28 (overweight)
Target weight - 9st 7lbs

It would be lovely to hear from anyone who wants to buddy up & motivate each other to keep going! My first fast day is planned for Monday ☺️
Re: Back on 5:2! :)
05 Nov 2017, 21:18
Welcome Abi, @abs1005!

It's not quite the same as a buddy, but do consider joining the Christmas Challenge where you will have a number of buddies supporting each other in the run up to Christmas. Setting smaller/interim goals for weight loss can be helpful too.

I understand your disappointment with yourself. Maybe now you have completed your degree and will be embarking on a new stage in your life, you may find the resolve to address your emotional eating. I have the same issue - as do many people who struggle to keep weight off - and finding a long term solution is not easy. I am always interested to discuss this issue!

Good luck and best wishes with your return to 5:2! :clover: :smile:
Re: Back on 5:2! :)
08 Nov 2017, 22:40
Yes! Please join the Christmas challenge. They're great fun and an excellent way to share progress and stay motivated.
3 posts Page 1 of 1