The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello fellow fasters.
08 Jan 2018, 07:33
Hi everyone, new here so just getting my head around the forum.

Here's a little bit about myself and a couple of questions.
My name's Tony, im a 32 year old guy from London, was over weight from around the age of 10 To around 17, then i dropped from around 13st To 11st and stayed there for around 9n years. . Then the pounds started to pack back on, today i am 16st and early last week after alot of research i decided to change my lifestyle and take on IF, I've been on the 16:8 version for 4 days now, only consuming good foods with water and green tea, To be honest I'm quite enjoying myself. I was a terrible grazer and probably drank around 3-4 beers everynight.

The thing that made me choose IF was the fact that every article i read, nobody was trying to sell me stiff! No magic pills or recipes.

Assuming all goes well I'm planning on keeping to this routine for good.

How many of you have had weightloss success on the 16:8? And how long did it take before you really noticed?

Thanks, Tony
Re: Hello fellow fasters.
12 Jan 2018, 16:02
Welcome Tony,

As you've noticed nearly everything related to fasting costs virtually nothing. I say nearly because it does take a little time and curiosity to learn, experiment and adjust to what works best for you. I started where you appear to be now weight wise nearly 5 years ago and have maintained the weight loss since.

Time windows and between meal snack elimination are but two tools in the box that have been shown to be beneficial for weight loss. Check out the 5:2 Lab forum for a number of articles regarding success rates. Lots to read and consider in the large number of forums here.

Questions? Post 'em and we'll try to answer them.
2 posts Page 1 of 1