The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm in for one of my slightly irregular fasts, I normally do them on a day when I don't have too much exercise planned and feel in the mood when I wake up. Hoping to stick to coffee and a little coconut milk during the day (some cup soup if I need it), and then lots of vegetables tonight.

Good luck to anyone joining me today :clover:
Good luck! I will say, I have no problem exercising when I fast. I actually went skiing on Saturday and skied for a good 2 hours before having eaten anything! But everyone is different, I know!
Thanks! I'm usually ok during the exercising, but get ravenously hungry afterwards. Walking is usually ok though.
Exercising and fasting is an interesting issue. Although I generally don't eat before my usual morning exercise, I will if I feel really hungry (except if I am trying to have a fast day...). And if you have done quite heavy exercise, then there does seem to be evidence that your body will need a supply of protein over the next 24 hours (in several hits) to ensure appropriate muscle repair. But, as cblasz says, everyone is different and we do need to get to know and understand how our own body needs to be fueled!
4 posts Page 1 of 1