The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Introduction
26 Jan 2018, 21:14
Hi Everyone,
My name is Orrin, I am a 43 year old Male, and I changed the way I eat on 29DEC17. After a lifetime of being "a big guy", I had gotten so big that I was an embarrassment to myself. I always wore a loose fitting shirt over a t shirt, was always conscience of my "man boobs" and no longer felt attractive to my very fit wife.
At my largest, I was carrying 265 lbs on my 6' 0" frame. After seeing some Christmas pictures and feeling quite ashamed, I decided to step on the scales and finally do something about it. On Day 1, I weighed in at 255lbs. I have adopted the 16:8 method of Restricted Feeding and have reduced my calorie intake to 2000 calories per day. I have cut out my nightly indulgence in a couple of beers and have attempted to keep my Carb intake at around 50 grams/day. Surprisingly, it has not been very difficult, and after a couple of weeks, I find that I seem to be quite content at about 1500 calories/day. I still hoist a couple of pints on the weekends, go out to eat with the family, and continue to prepare the same meals as I always have. I just choose to skip the starchy stuff and eat the meat and vegetable portions
Today, I weighed in at 241.4, am wearing shirts that haven't seen the light of day in a few years, and generally feel a bit better about myself. The ultimate goal is to reach my High School playing weight of 210 and not be embarrassed to hit the occasional hot springs on our motorcycle trips. I look forward to sharing this journey here on Fast Day and hope to be able to make some contribution to the site.

Cheers,
Orrin
Re: Introduction
09 Feb 2018, 08:01
Well done Orrin on your weight loss success. You will be feeling so positive. This is my first time trying the 5:2 and I am really looking forward to getting my health and well being back on track. I think I may do the same as you and try and cut down on the other days. Good luck with your weight loss journey. :grin:
11 Feb 2018, 19:05
Orrin,

Sounds like a plan and you have had results - keep up the good work!

Laula
16 Feb 2018, 17:55
Thanks for the warm welcome...... It took a while for Admin to approve the post, so I apologize for missing these responses.... I have been staying pretty true to the cause and have only had 1 bad day where I completely blew my time frame and calorie restrictions. Scale said 235 this morning, so 20 lbs gone in 49 days. Weight loss has slowed, as I knew that it would, but each mini-goal achieved brings renewed enthusiasm and dedication. I have a birthday on the not too distant horizon, and have set a mini goal of 225 lbs. If I achieve that milestone, it will be the first time in over a decade at that weight....
16 Feb 2018, 20:28
Welcome OS... !!

I was afraid they'd lost you as a member given the slow appearance of your intro post! It seems that intro's appear first under "Active" posts (and can be easily missed) instead of the "New" posts where most people tend to hang out.

Good that you've noticed that it gets much eaiser when you remain consistent. There are many more unexpected delights to come.

Having "graduated" nearly 5 years ago, I still stop in occasionally to see what's new and to contribute when I can. Any questions? Ask and we'll see what we can do.

Happy early birthday.
5 posts Page 1 of 1