The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! Bean again!

Well, here I am, on my second fast of the week! What is going on huh?! I feel so sad that its so quiet in here. Thursdays used to be a hive of activity. Where are you all?!!

As I've just said on my last fasting thread, I dug out my old EOD (Every Other Day) book yesterday. Well, I say dug it out - its on my Kindle(!!) :wink: and I found it really interesting and encouraging. Hence forth I shall try fasting every other day - and keep my 'feast' days as low carb as possible! I am expecting great things!!

Watch this space...

Bean :heart:
It is sad that it's so quiet. Every once in a while we'll get a flurry of activity and then it dies down again.

I'll be fasting until about 3 when I'll have a banana and peanut butter and then I'll have dinner tonight. Right now that'll be about 580 calories, but I may have something else this evening, we'll see!

The scale is down this morning, so I'm extra motivated!
Hi, @nursebean! I seem to have chosen the wrong days for fasting this week. I fasted on Wednesday and then again today (Friday). I am having a 'hungry time' so I came on the forum to distract myself! Sorry that I wasn't around yesterday to chat with you then. I hope that your fast day went well.

Have you given up using your Tracker? I find that, even if the line goes up, the act of filling it in somehow focuses my attention on why I want/need to lose some weight. That's why mine looks like a cross-section through the Himalayas! :frown:

I am back on course now after a couple of weeks of over-indulging because of birthdays - and idleness! I have nearly lost the fluid that I retained, so now the work to lose the fat starts! I need to get back in the cruise clothes in another seven weeks - that really concentrates the mind! :shock:

Well time to go for a little walk, I think! Bye for now. Stay strong! :victory:
Well hello again @StowgateResident - how lovely to hear from you! I'm glad to hear you are back in the fasting way of things. I have chosen to go for the EOD - the Every Other Day way of fasting. This means, of course, that every other week I will be fasting the same day as you(!!) So next week I think it'll be a Wednesday and Friday. Mind you, I attend Slimming World on Fridays so fasting on a Thursday seems like the best plan - so I'm not sure how its going to work out next week(!) I keep going to SW because all my friends are there and its my one social event of the week!! :shock:

Oh wow! So you have another cruise to look forward to? Where will you be going this time? Its great to have something to keep you focussed isn't it.

My fast on Thursday went very well indeed. I remained under 500 cals (484 I think) and my carbs were below 50g too. At SW this week I lost 1.5 pounds and gained my half stone award. I was really pleased with the loss because I've only started fasting since Tuesday - it shows it works doesn't it!!

All the best!

Thanks for the response, @nursebean. I'm glad the fasting magic is working so well for you! It has for me and I have gone down from 11stone 2.3 pounds on Sunday to 10 stone 10.8 pounds today. That's 5.5 pounds in six days, so I can't grumble about that - even if I know perfectly well that most of it is fluid loss!

I let my husband choose the cruise for this year because it was his 70th birthday on 7th March, so we are going up the west coast of England and Scotland and zigzagging over to four ports in Ireland. it's not going to be the warmest of cruises but most of the places we are visiting are new to me so I will look at them with tourist's eyes!

My usual fasting days are Monday and Thursday, so i'm sure that our paths will cross on one of the Fasting Today threads at some point. Stay strong and good luck!
Hi Stowgsteresident *waves*, how lovely to see you both today.
Your cruise sounds lots of fun, how lovely to travel our coast lines.
I wish my weight was closer to yours, mines a rather stolid 12st 10lbs today, Winter has added some girth again!
I’ve added to the tracker, it’s such a good one with loads of useful information on here, worth its weight in gold.
Have a happy day.
Sorry about your name change there, predictive text rides again!
Just to say I’m 12st 8lbs today, two pounds gone after yesterday’s fast. :like:
My meal came to about 800 calories, nothing eaten after it.
It’s all good :grin:
Hi everyone! Firstly Wow! @StowgateResident! That was an amazing loss in just 6 days! It shows it works doesn't it. Are you being super careful on your 'feast' days as well or do you just enjoy whatever you fancy?!!

The cruise sounds lovely - something to look forward to for the new slimmer you! :smile:

@Azureblue 2 pounds after a fast is my usual loss too. However, I've only lost a pound after yesterday's. And I only had 500 cals and 20g carbs. Bit miffed but never mind. Today is feast day and I'm going to enjoy making a big batch of Katsu curry - with tofu in breadcrumbs. Its one of my favourites and I've bean swooning over the thought of it for several days(!!)

I'm slightly changing my fasting now. I'm going to fast every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday so that I always fast the day before Slimming World. So I should be able to enjoy you two Thursdays?!

Have a great Sunday!

Hi, @nursebean. This morning, on my official day of recording my weight on my Tracker, I had gained 0.1 of a pound. However, being an old hand at this daily-weighing game, I am not concerned but can quite see why it had gone up by a few ounces. I put it down to eating more starchy carbs yesterday and 350 calories worth of 'birthday' chocolate :shock: , so am not concerned!

When in 'weight-loss', as opposed to 'maintaining' mode, I do tend to be more careful with my eating but I don't exclude anything that I really want to eat. I just try to limit the amount rather than do without - along the lines of I can eat this chocolate but not the whole box! I usually drink about three or four glasses of red wine a week but find that alcohol loosens my willpower and I eat more rubbish, so I restrict myself to just one glass on Friday and Saturday. I also reduce the amount of cake and biscuits, allowing myself just one item a day - not three or four! :frown:

It's good to see that @Chris P and @Azureblue are back on board, nice to 'see' old friends again! :smile:

The sun is shining and I am going in the garden now to start cutting back the winter rubbish, of which there is plenty! Bye for now!
Hi Bean and StoRes *waves*.
I’m glad I did the fast yesterday. I experienced that brilliant brain clarity it engenders, and lightness of touch.
It was an off-the-cuff decision and I hope to repeat it, not going to pin my brain to set days though, seems a better response if it’s a surprise.
Funny old world innit!
11 posts Page 1 of 1