The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: View Unanswered Posts
19 Jul 2018, 20:55
Thanks for that! I didn't realise you could join without posting. I thought that when you submitted your first post, you were vetted and joined up as an automatic process if you "passed". Which is what happened with me. I didn't realise you could just apply for membership. Why would you bother to apply if you didn't want to post - you can read the forum without membership, can't you?

Of those 18, is anyone apart from Roscoe still posting?? Eg posted in the last fortnight...
19 Jul 2018, 21:24
I was a member for probably 2 months before I posted my intro. Joining was already a big step then, but participating?? Hah! That took longer.

Joining opens certain forums like the 5:2 lab, that aren't otherwise viewable by non-members.

To answer to your last question? No.
20 Jul 2018, 05:53
I am curious then, what was the incentive to join, if you didn't want to post straightaway? (That might explain why others join but never post.) Did you know there would be areas you could only access as a member? When I first came across this website, I have no recollection of seeing "join here" or whatever it says - I thought I just posted a reply (but presumably also had to provide some info about myself). But maybe I did have to specifically apply for membership?? All too long ago now...

I remain amazed that so many people join and never post or only post once or twice. I will be very judgemental and say that says a lot about our society....
20 Jul 2018, 18:34
You're really good at making me think, Sassy!

I clearly recall being hesitant to join (and post) because I've never been a joiner, which seriously begs several more questions doesn't it? I've no immediate answer. My tracking log at that time just lists foods consumed, not rationale.

For some new members it may be that joining is already comforting evidence of progress. Saying to others doesn't necessarily mean doing. For example, joining Weight Watchers with friends implies - but doesn't actually mean - that we ARE going to count our food points.

There's also the long list of background conflicts with what makes this system work, nearly all of which are 180-degrees opposite of the common wisdom we all grew up with.
19 posts Page 2 of 2