The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
New to 16:8
07 Aug 2018, 02:23
Hi, Danny here (itsasone84)
So been reading a few posts of fasting life styles and keen on the 16:8 to commence next Monday 13/8. I'm 33, male, height is 188cm, weigh in at 115kgs and work in an Office in Australia. I want to also do the 16:8 for "weight loss reasons" as well. I'm sure it will work as I've done a few diets in the past (yes the 16:8 is not a diet plan :) ) but i'm sure I will shed the KGs as usually being big it is easier to loose the weight in the initial few weeks. I do weights but want to stop for a while and focus on HIT training to tone and loose the cm's on the waist line a :like: t least 3-4 times a week. I plan to fast between 8pm - 12 midday the next day. Food wise, I enjoy my meats and veggies so will stick to a healthy way of eating with good carb's. I will try it for 1-2 weeks and keep you all posted. So with a combination of the 16:8, HIT training in the mornings and healthy eating between 12-8pm I'm hoping ill see results in many healthy ways. Happy to be apart of this forum. Any suggestions or words of encouragement would be great.
Thanks, Danny :like:
Re: New to 16:8
10 Aug 2018, 00:53
Hi Danny @itsasone84, and welcome!

There are a few of us from Oz in the forum, though as you would have noticed, it is fairly quiet here nowadays.

There are also a few who follow 16:8 as a weight loss strategy, though I think it is more common for members to have fast (very low calorie) days. But whatever suits and whatever works!

I would suggest that you give your strategy at least 6 weeks before deciding if it is working for you, especially when you might have confounding effects from the change in exercise strategy.

Do keep us posted - someone will reply to your posts if you have a query, though it may not be right away!

Best wishes and good luck :clover: :smile:
10 Aug 2018, 14:11
Welcome!

By "good carb's", you mean flavorful, right? <lol>

Since you're only skipping breakfast, switching to HIT should be easy.
12 Aug 2018, 21:37
Hello and welcome. I've been doing 16/8 for about five years now and if I am honest I have done it most of my adult life, I just didn't know there was a name for not eating breakfast, lol! You sound focussed and that should get you through so, good luck.
4 posts Page 1 of 1