The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
First Fast Day, First Fast
23 Jul 2018, 18:01
Hi,

I am in my mid-50's. Kids are all grown. I have regained all the weight that I lost 10 years ago. I'm sick of eating - thinking about it, worrying about what to eat, worrying that I've eaten too much, feeling bad that I make such bad choices. I know myself well enough that I need to jump start to feeling better in order to stay motivated and get the weight off.

Sometime in the past week, I came across an article about IF. It seemed perfect for me. I simply don't want to fool with eating for a limited period of time and then eat healthy the rest of the time. Perfect!

So...today is my first fast day. It is a work day for me and, unfortunately, it's slower than usual. I'm not really hungry. I'm a bit freaked out...feel really cold (wish I had a sweater!) and a bit weird but I think it's all in my head.

I'm doing an eat top eat program.

Any encouragement or pointers would be great.

Ann
Re: First Fast Day, First Fast
24 Jul 2018, 23:27
Welcome!

Feeling a bit cool, even in warm weather is very common in the early days of fasting. It goes away as our metabolism relearns how to use its fat rather than just store it! Also, sipping a cup or two of something salty (stock cube, bouillon cube) throughout the day can alleviate chill, possible light headedness and feeling a bit out of sorts.
25 Jul 2018, 12:18
Hi Ann
How did you go with your first fast day? It can take a couple of weeks to get used to it, and the hunger pangs on fast days get much less I feel as you get used to the routine.
What is the eat top eat method?

Cheers
Merry
25 Jul 2018, 21:44
HI @IzzynFlori and welcome to FastDay!! How did your first fast go? How did you do it? I always go without anything but a couple of coffees (with cream!) and plenty of water - oh and Mighty Matcha green tea. Then in the evening enjoy a 500 cal low carb meal - usually something eggy, although on Monday, my last fast, I had Mornflake oats - yum!!

Anyway, look forward to hearing how you got on.

Bye for now!

Boan :-)
13 Oct 2018, 19:34
This is my first fast day too and it is going great! So happy! Yesterday was my first "Eat" day using regular food and not doing keto. Was so scared I would put on weight! I didn't! In fact I lost 2/10s of a pound! So now I know I can do this every other day fasting! So happy about it. Love this way of eating! :like: :heart: :oops:
5 posts Page 1 of 1