The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
FASTING TODAY - Hoorah!
01 Jun 2020, 11:46
Hey everyone!

I haven’t Bean in here for SUCH a long time BUT - today I have taken the plunge and decided to do a proper Fast Day! Here I am at lunch time with nothing but a glass of water!! [incompatible emoji removed]

Are there any old friends around? It does seem quiet in here!

Hope you’re all ok!

Bean ❤️
Re: FASTING TODAY - Hoorah!
04 Jun 2020, 07:28
(megaphone) HELLO THERE!
I just popped in on one of my infrequent visits and am delighted to see a post from one of the old guard. I am back on track too having realised that for me occasional fast days work better than any other weight loss method. I am less strict about the amount of calories I have on a fast day and focus instead on having a delicious dinner which is low carb. Lots of fresh veg and herbs liven things up, and am enjoying my veg patch in the garden. Good luck with your return to fasting...you know it works!
Dhana [incompatible emoji removed]
08 Jun 2020, 20:58
Hey @dhana how lovely to hear from you! It's so nice to know there’s someone out there! How is your fasting going? I had a great first week and managed to fast on Mon, Wed AND Fri all below 500 and near enough to 50g carbs. Not bad eh?!

When is your nest fast?

Hope all is well with you and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Bean ❤️
18 Jun 2020, 08:23
Popping in again to use tracker. Making a concerted effort not to get into bad habits during lockdown, well diet wise anyway, :grin: ! Shopping habits have changed completely and my old routine of going to my lovely local Waitrose in Stirling most days comprised of a quick shop and then a lovely cuppa and a treat has of course had to end. The upside of online shopping is avoiding the treats and low carb is so much easier when you don’t have the stuff in the house!
I am not doing many fast days now, but I do a daily window, not eating before lunch and strictly no snacking after dinner around 7p.m. I do have a daily treat of a small piece of chocolate or fudge (heaven) as a “pudding” after dinner but otherwise meals are salads with nuts or maybe an omelette, and dinner is fish or chicken usually, with plenty of veggies. I am still eating plenty of olive oil, and have got a passion for fermented food. I make kefir most days, and home made sauerkraut and kimchi, fermented beets and carrots etc. go into my salads and side dishes. Loads of parsley and dill in my veg patch, so that gets used too.
I found it difficult at first to cut out bread, which I love, but I still have it now and again, try to have sour dough, which hits the spot without making me crave the whole loaf! I am happy with my current weight, but I am aware that if I return to carby food I return to being overweight. It’s a balance, but happy to say not too difficult now.
Wow! Listen to me rattling on..,..some things don’t change :razz: A big hello to anyone out there, especially all the old timers who used to kick up a storm on here, eh, Bean?
Off to the tracker now. :heart: :heart:
07 Jul 2020, 20:55
I'm brand new to this forum and am also a fasting newbie. I started with the 16:8 fast and have also done some 24-hour and 36-hour fast, but am intrigued with the 5:2. I would LOVE some tips on the 5:2 fast. It seems intimidating! :smile:
01 Oct 2020, 19:10
How's your fasting, any update?
07 Oct 2020, 10:40
how is your water diet by now? Any update??? mmmm, looks like no update...
13 Nov 2020, 15:14
Well, I am not fasting, but I'll cheer you on if you're still at it.

Take care of your body and don't overdo it. :like:
8 posts Page 1 of 1