The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
What happens to your body if you only drink water and don't eat? Can this lead to an eating disorder?

22 Dec 2020, 04:39
Following up on this.

28 Dec 2020, 04:57
[b]
Fanwear wrote: What happens to your body if you only drink water and don't eat? Can this lead to an eating disorder?

What are the risks of a water diet? When your main (or only) intake is water, your body loses the crucial nutrients it needs. Not eating for 24 hours at a time is a form of intermittent fasting known as the eat-stop-eat approach. During a 24-hour fast, you can only consume calorie-free beverages. When the 24-hour period is over, you can resume your normal intake of food until the next fast. In addition to weight loss, intermittent fasting can have a positive effect on your metabolism, boost cardiovascular health, and more. It’s safe to use this approach once or twice a week to achieve your desired results. Although this technique may seem easier than cutting back on daily calories, you may find yourself quite “hangry” on fasting days. It can also cause severe side effects or complications in people with certain health conditions.

You should always talk to your doctor before going on a fast. :smile:
Re:
29 Dec 2020, 06:41
manila wrote: [b]
Fanwear wrote: What happens to your body if you only drink water and don't eat? Can this lead to an eating disorder?

What are the risks of a water diet? When your main (or only) intake is water, your body loses the crucial nutrients it needs. Not eating for 24 hours at a time is a form of intermittent fasting known as the eat-stop-eat approach. During a 24-hour fast, you can only consume calorie-free beverages. When the 24-hour period is over, you can resume your normal intake of food until the next fast. In addition to weight loss, intermittent fasting can have a positive effect on your metabolism, boost cardiovascular health, and more. It’s safe to use this approach once or twice a week to achieve your desired results. Although this technique may seem easier than cutting back on daily calories, you may find yourself quite “hangry” on fasting days. It can also cause severe side effects or complications in people with certain health conditions.

You should always talk to your doctor before going on a fast. :smile:

I value and respect your opinion and I wanted to take the time to thank you. I recently found this article and it gives enlightenment to me https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... xiety.html

31 Dec 2020, 10:52
Hey, manila. Still here? I'm lonely here and I want to talk. How are you? Feeling great?

04 Jan 2021, 04:41
Fanwear wrote: Hey, manila. Still here? I'm lonely here and I want to talk. How are you? Feeling great?

I'm good and not actually great because there are so many problems that I need to fix. These uncertain times really bring disaster to me.

12 Jan 2021, 23:35
Are you talking about only having water on your fast days, but eating normally on non-fast days? Because I don't think that should be a problem. Back when there were many people posting here, when 5:2 first hit the news, many people felt fasting like this was better than the pretend fasts of 500 calories. I was not one of them :-)
Re:
21 Jan 2021, 03:16
MaryAnn wrote: Are you talking about only having water on your fast days, but eating normally on non-fast days? Because I don't think that should be a problem. Back when there were many people posting here, when 5:2 first hit the news, many people felt fasting like this was better than the pretend fasts of 500 calories. I was not one of them :-)

I drank nothing but water for 7 days nor eat anything. Purely all water intake, until the next day, I noticed that I have no appetite anymore not even feel hunger and my head is aching that I can't fathom. Is it a symptom of an eating disorder? I'm so worried but I'm trying so hard to eat even a little portion of the food my mom prepared for me..little by little I regain my energy and my headaches gradually disappear. So, after the incident, I decided not to do it again, never again. But just only my opinion and based on my personal understanding without any scientific facts.
Hi,
When we drink water continuously and don't eat anything then it may cause some serious issues like dehydration which may lead to headache, constipation, and dizziness which is not good for your health.
9 posts Page 1 of 1