The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

26 posts Page 1 of 2
I actually set this up last night but didn't get the chance to mention it :)

We now have a (very simple) form of hashtagging available at the forum. That is to say that if you add a #hashtag into your post it will automatically be converted into a link to find other posts with the same hashtag

This could be particularly useful for posts which we need to refer to a lot, for example we mods could add in some memorable hashtags into relevant topics (eg #scalestopic into Caroline's fantastic topic about the scales going upwards), allowing you to include the same hashtag in a post when you want to refer a user to that post. When they click the link it'll take them to a list of topics containing that hashtag

It may not be the most perfect implementation but it should prove handy even so :)
Thanks Moogie that sounds really useful :like:
Just testing #NEAT hmmm ok didn't quite get the response I wanted but I can see that it will work in a pinch until I can find the actual thread I want to read or quote. Thanks Moogie!

Oh I see, I think, the hashtag has to be added to the original post to give a more direct link? So if kencc's post about NEAT were to be given a hashtag and I were to refer to it in a post I would put something like #NEATtopic or #kenccNEAT or whatever the original post had as hashtag?

Sorry I don't really do twitter and rarely look at facebook.
That's right. It would also list any other posts which mention the same tag. So it's useful for sort of grouping similar posts together.
I was just trying to add a hashtag to the main 16:8 thread #sixteeneight but on preview it didn't seem to work...what did I do wrong?
Caroline, I think the tag you put in the original post was the numeric 16:8 instead of the text sixteeneight, I edited it and I think it works now...
Hashtags can only use alphanumerics, not punctuation :)
sounds good and thanks for the explanation on how hashtags work - i never really got my head round twitering and have just noticed them appearing in FB

jeniben
hoping to be able to find 16/8, scales and all the other useful topics
I wonder if it is worth having a list of the hashtags we have used somewhere?
Oh dear, my eyes have glazed over - can't get my head around hashtags on twitter etc., I can see I'm going to have to try much, much harder :bugeyes: but never mind 'cos I know some kind person will come along and help me if (read: when) I need it :grin:
@Suchard007: if you are writing a post and want to refer to a topic that comes up again and again you can put a hash (#) sign in front of a keyword that comes up in that topic, such as #insomnia and then when you submit your post the word insomnia becomes a link which will produce a list of topics including the word insomnia! Try it!
carorees wrote: I wonder if it is worth having a list of the hashtags we have used somewhere?

thats a damn fine idea as i could be looking for 168 and it should be sixteeneight

thanks moogie et all
Moogie that is awesome! To you, I doff my cap.
Thanks Caroline, I'll definitely try it - "but I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that" hee hee :rotfl:
WOW is that what the # is all about - it has always been a total mystery to me.

I'm gonna have to try it out somewhere else now - amazing!!!!!

Thank you for the illumination moogie
26 posts Page 1 of 2