The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

109 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Have just finished my fast for the day and am now heading off to Zumba class. Am I alone in thinking if I do an exercise class such as Zumba if I go over by say 50 cals or so it doesn't really matter as I have worked it off? I wouldn't deliberately go over because I am exercising but just think its not that awful if I did?

Also can anyone tell me in simple terms what the 16:8 means?

Thanks a lot.

p.s. Loving this way of life, can already feel a difference in my clothes after only 3 weeks :grin:
I was going to try to actually not eat anything today but was hungry as I got home and thought I may as well make some food so I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, so made some pea soup, very tasty, and just 220kcal per portion. Having eaten that, I thought I may as well eat my allowance, had two tiny teaspoonfuls of tahini and five spoonfuls of greek yogurt. That, added to the milk I've been adding to my tea and coffee, brings me to 500kcal for the day and now the challenge is not to eat anything more. This is where I usually struggle but I think I can do it. I'll make a pot of green tea and sip that throughout the evening.
@Muftanza, 16:8 just means eating only in an 8 hour window and fasting for 16 hours. More info here #sixteeneight.

I don't worry about an extra 50 cals and I don't do zumba, lol ;)

I'm fasting today and jealous of everybody that is finishing up for the day, it's not even noon here. :bugeyes:
Well it is 8.40pm here. I am off to hide upstairs as my hubby and boys are having sausage and chips for dinner!!!! yuummmmm

Have a good evening everyone.
Well, I have to say I found today quite easy to do. I had nothing at all till 4.45 when I had a banana and a ryvita and a bit of yogurt. Went to bums & tums (I think I could have managed zumba but didn't as it was first time fasting). Came back & ate chicken salad so now just have to survive till bedtime. Definitely doing it again on Wednesday!
Nearly done for the day. I made a rudimental Tom-Yum soup with some mushrooms for a late lunch it didn;t taste filling at the time but certainly kept me going through the tough 4.30-6.30 period. For dinner I went a bit "off piste" and used all the chicken leftovers from last night's roast in a sort of Coronation Chicken made with very low cal mayo. Today has been the first fast day where I haven't religiously counted every calorie, weigh in on Weds.
Just had the turkey burgers fro the 5:2 recipe book and I can confirm they are worth the price of the book on their own. My husband made them up for me a week or two ago, he made four times the quantity (because that's how big the pack of turkey mince was) and froze them in twos. The only thing he did differently was to leave out the chilli because I don't like it. I had them with a nice big salad, they were very satisfying and at 174 calories for 2 burgers who can complain. :like:
I'm here too, late posting as usual, sorry. Had green tea all day, salad with yesterdays leftover chicken for dinner. Will have a cup of chai with a splash of 1% milk and a 40 calorie hot chocolate before bed. Gosh, I'm so predictable :geek:
I'm here and I guess I'm in. It is nearing supper time here and I haven't eaten. But, it is also my daughter's birthday. Usually, I wouldn't do a fast...but her party will be on a different day. She requested hot wings and I will make myself a drumstick and a salad.

There is the small matter of the cake I baked her last night, though. I don't eat sugar on my fast days (pretty much never) but I may make an exception today. The recipe I made had 243 calories in 9 servings. I am cutting 16 which would bring that to down to a number I could have and stay in my limits. Still undecided because having the cake could set off a chain reaction.

Hope it has been a good fast day for everyone!
Two boiled eggs for breakfast, lots of water, some black coffee, chicken with lime and salad, salad cream and peaches. 560 and felt good all day. Grand stuff!
I'm going to get my 40 cal predictable hot choc too :smile: it seems like a lot of chickens were roasted yesterday judging by today's leftovers
phoenix - those turkey burgers do sound good, I might have to invest in the book
they really are Sian. They have spring onion, garlic, cumin and corriander in them and a touch of salt and papper with egg as the binding ingredient. I was expecting them to be dry but they weren't at all.

Speak ing of predictable I'm going to get my mini milk ice lolly now :)
Monday is my favorite and best day to fast. Today, work has been insane, so no time to be hungry and my mental alertness had been great. I did take a diet coke at 2p.m. Since I needed a caffeine hit. Happy Monday to all!!
I'm in for Monday, too. Nearly time to go home from work. Work keeps my mind off of eating - I eat the most at home especially after the sun goes down. I need to get an evening job or at least try to go to bed earlier. This is my 3rd fast and I'm already feeling like a pro. Good luck to us all.
Well I'm in a state of 'O' here - my copy of Celia Brooks Brown's Low-carb vegetarian arrived this morning and I've bookmarked so many pages that I might as well take all the bookmarks back out as I've marked near every other page! The recipes look absolutely delicious and not too complicated for a kitchen-klutz like me.

@izzy I think you'll love this book as I'm sure even (recently ex-)omnivores will like many of these recipes. For anyone interested in it, the book is out of print and is usually listed used on Amazon for a crazy twenty-four quid (+p&p) but occasionally comes up for about four quid (+p&p).

It's even helped with my (fast) dinner dilema tonight: we were given some lovely greens (no idea what!) on Saturday and a wee cauliflower yesterday so the menu is greens in coconut milk with cauliflower mash; I might add a bit of emmental cheese (low-carb saviour with near zero carb, P30.5g and F29.5g per 100g) and / or mixed seeds if I've any spare calories.

Wrote the above hours ago but didn't get a chance to post: the greens in coconut milk with cauliflower mash didn't go quite to plan but was rather different and delish. I'm sufficiently inspired though that I'm going to try her cabbage gratin tomorrow methinks (yes cabbage, but not as you'd know it)! Good fasting for those of you with more of Monday left to go, FatDog.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
109 posts Page 7 of 8