The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
New to Fasting
04 Sep 2013, 19:16
Hello,

I started last week and didn't lose pounds, but did lose inches, which I guess is the most important thing. I have a beach vacation in 5 weeks and really wish I didn't wait this long to try to lose 30+ lbs (15 kg, I think). I have tried restricting carbs, Primal/Paleo and when I read about 5:2, it really made sense. I think I may try 4:3, because looking at the charts it seems to quicken the loss a bit. We'll see how challenging it is though.
I have to look at this not as "I have to lose 30 lbs. and I have a beach vacation in 5 weeks!!", but I will feel better if I lose weight and it will come off in time.
So, I'm really happy to have found this forum and will try to figure out how to track my progress. Thanks! :smile:
Re: New to Fasting
04 Sep 2013, 19:41
Hello and Welcome. I relatively new too (wk 3) and everyone here seems really supportive and friendly. Have a mooch around the blogs and inspirational stories. They are all super helpful. We both have about the same to lose and i have decided to weigh monthly as I hate scales with a passion. I'm actually on holiday this week and managed to stick with it so far by choosing carefully, eg paleo friendly, no sugar and only booze one day. Good luck
04 Sep 2013, 19:51
Hi and Welcome yes just look at this WOL as a bonus of any weight you lose before you go on holiday, that's exactly what I did 5 weeks before my holiday earlier in year then weighed in the day we flew out and to my amazement I'd lost 14 lbs ( one stone ) However on my return I didn't get on the scales for 7 days and had repaired the holiday damage, but I was also doing 4:3 as I have since my start and on each of my 3 fastdays I go for a 5 mile walk I do this by choice and it also takes a few hours up as I'm at home daily, as you can see I've made very good progress.
So Good Luck to you and eat wisely on your feedays :clover: Sue
04 Sep 2013, 22:07
Hi,i am new to the site and to 5:2..well done on the inch loss!
Wow you are brave contemplating 4:3!
Wishing you best of luck with your efforts and enjoy the site..
So much great info here isnt there! X
4 posts Page 1 of 1