The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 9 of 48
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 48 Next
Haha @Hazelnut20,,, no, the chef has a lovely wife. He knows the pay isn't great and thinks we should all take advantage of the perks. I have said I'm cutting back, but this time I've not really told anyone I'm trying to lose weight, too many past failed attempts. I will be re-gifting the food. How nice will it be for the homeless guy to get a take away bar meal most days. That in return will make me feel good.

I know I've been a little bit carby this week but the scale is still slowly moving down, so I can't have done too much damage. I'm on it today though,, carbs under 50.
I love salad, Pernelle. You wouldn't think it by looking at me haha. We eat salad for lunch, a lot, with most evening meals and for our evening meal at least once a week, even when not trying to lose weight. How are you overweight? I hear you cry. Well,,, big bags of chocolate, too many cakes and sitting on my behind way too much. Wow... how things have changed. Just need to keep it going now.
@Pilchards I would say to anyone thinking about it to give it a go for a week. If nothing else it will give your weight loss a kick. The funny thing is, even if you have a day that's slightly off plan, you get pulled back in because it really isn't difficult.

How did day 1 go Shelley? @johns ...There must be baby news,, I imagine that's why you're not posting. Good luck for today.

Have a lovely day all.
hello ladies. sorry,this is a long one...
yes, I have a beautiful chubby grand-daughter with about an inch of dark hair!!
& yes, yesterday was my day 1 :)
gorgeous baby girl came just after 9pm on sunday weighing in at 8lb, 7oz. she is absolutely gorgeous, although I would say that. all fingers & toes accounted for. daughter left hospital yesterday so it has been quite eventful.
you would have had an update last night but I couldnt get on site again. how frustrating. I wanted to announce my news to everyone.
before I forget @hazelnut20 another huge well done on your weigh in this week. you must be feeling on top of the world & ready for another week without any hesitation.
@justdee am liking your idea of feeding homeless man. would be a shame to offend the chef or throw his offerings away so this sounds like the perfect solution. it sounds like you live somewhere sunny. enjoy the waterpark.
I have just tucked into about 2/3 of a small tub of greek yogurt (full fat of course) to fill me up before I go back to bed. worked midnight-8 this morning & have just had a nice cuppa to relax.
yesterday I kept to plan, even though I was offered biscuits & chocolate by daughter & later on kids had a mcdonalds for dinner on way home from visiting their neice. dont think I drank enough though.
my total cal intake was 948, higher than I had intended but just "had" to try some of the pizza flavoured pringles that hubby got for fathers day. they were strange but yummy. carbs were 41 for day so was pleased with that. also had 2 slices of a small loaf of burgen linseed & soya bread. lovely & filling but used 186 calories with 18 carbs according to mfp.
Im going to bed now. jeremy kyle has just come on the telly & now I feel very motivated for sleep. have got to pop out to shops later so will weigh in so I have a sort-of starting weight. am taking grandad to see his great, great grand-daughter this afternoon although its just an excuse for me to go over & have another cuddle with baby :)
hope its sunny where you are too. take care all. shelley xx
Lovely to catch up on all your wonderful news, Shelley! Are you Granny, Nanny, Grandma...or something else? Huge congratulations!

Pringles are so moreish, aren't they? It's no wonder they say "once you pop, you can't stop!". I'm more of a fan (some would say fanatic!) of sweet things, but once I start on the Pringles, there's no stopping me!

I would say you had a very successful first day. Do hope Day 2 goes according to plan and it's great to have you on board. We'll all keep posting and weather whatever storms come along...because it's so worth it!

Best of luck xx
Many congratulations Nanna @johns, sending big hugs to you all, and what a long-lived family you have, good genes right there :grin: :smile: :like: :heart:
@Hazelnut20 and @Justdee - you are making great strides forward and have my full admiration.
I've got my calories down to 1400 on 16:8 fasting, with carbs under 50g, but my weight today is 78.4kg :frown:
I know I don't move enough, I've got to resist sitting and get out more. I'll aim for 800 calls at some point :shock: :doh: :geek:
Keep on being brilliant everyone :smile:
Congratulations Shelley!!!

Ok, I do not understand how Pringles are even sold here, where we eat such horrible food. It blew my mind when I saw them on shelves in the UK and France. It's one fattening carb where I actually don't understand the appeal. So I should be grateful for that, at least.

Well Shelly, it sounds like you've had a good day 1 and you're easing right into a routine. :-)
Congratulations Shelley, so glad to hear the little one is here at last. You godda' love a chubby baby, all the better for cuddles.

Sounds like day 1 went well. Well done for saying no to the biscuits & chocolate. That's the hardest bit. Keep up the good work and please keep us posted as the days go on.
We don't worry about long post on this thread. We like a good chat and can all post a fair amount when we get going,,,,, type away mi'dear hehe
By the way I'm in Cambrils (an hour from Barcelona).
hello. nannyshelley here for another update :) thank you for all your kind wishes.
successful day 2 also, although have slept for 4 hours which was a bonus. ate the yogurt this morning & have just had my dinner now. spinach & mushroom omelette with half a tin of baked beans. am going to finish off with 3 strawberries & some greek yogurt. calories 758. carbs 51. nearly forgot, had 2 fried eggs on top of my lovely linseed & soya toast aswell.
have tried to drink more today. have felt a bit spaced but think that is due to tiredness & off to bed shortly as work at 4 tomorrow.
weigh in at boots was nice. after my week of eating what I want I stayed the same, although thinking about it I havent really eaten loads the last few days as Ive been full of cold. official starting weight 11st 10lb. I havent run either. am missing that. & something really weird. boots scales told me my body fat % was 22.1%. think the scales may be faulty as for the last 4 weeks its been about 30% so thats a big jump.
question for you ladies regarding fruit. I bought pears & apples as Im sure I read that these were low carb. & rhubarb to cook off to have with yogurt. what fruits & veg are the best for this plan?
I also got courgettes & aubergines & was going to do some sort of mediterranean roasted veg thing but ran out of time tonight. are you ladies eating 5 pieces of fruit & veg a day within the 800 calories?
am off to bed now. will be back again tomorrow. take care. nannyshelley xx
Hi Shelley@johns, nice to hear day 2 went well. As for fruit and veg I never really count it in terms of 5 a day and all that. I'm of the understanding that 5 a day is too low to get all we need anyway. I have always tried to get as much of it in to our diets as poss, so nothing much has changed there. On the BSD I have a small apple or pear if I want one, but they are higher in carbs than I thought, so haven't been eating as many. Berries are great, but here they cost about 4 euros for 100g, too much for me at the moment. I've not really been eating much fruit on this WOE. I do eat loads of veg though. 3/4 of my plate is usually veg and a 1/4 protein. My breakfast (if I have it) is usually yoghurt or a hard boiled egg. Lunch (if I have it) is salad or some cottage cheese or a hard boiled egg. Dinner (always have it) is usually veg and some kind of protein. A few days I have had a small amount of nut. Sometimes, if I have cals/carbs left I'll have some more yoghurt or an apple. Don't worry about how much veg on this WOE. You'll be eating loads. My fridge is always packed with the stuff and 2 of us get through it all. Roasted veg is great, courgettes, cauliflower, onion, red/yellow/green peppers and anything else you like, ooh and garlic. It's lovely and filling too.
barbarita posted a nice list on page one of this thread.
Sleep well :)

How are you getting on Pernelle? Have you stopped buzzing yet after your amazing weigh in result. I hope not. :)

Today DD made a salad for lunch and met me at work to go to the water park. The chef (that bl00min chef) made us one chicken burger to share to go with our salad. DD had it with her salad and I had one bite. I've got to stop with the little bits here and there, although it's not taking me over my cals/carbs. I wasn't doing that at first, I need to stop it.
I'm also aware, I'm now feeding my daughter much more than she would normally eat. This also has to stop. It's so difficult, to have the great life we have here, we go without a lot of things other people take for granted, eating out being one of them. It's difficult not to let DD eat the bar food as it's such a treat and not something she gets to eat normally. I know I'm sending her the wrong message and have to sort it out. If I get food tomorrow I will take it to the homeless guy. DD will be really happy about that.

In other news,,,,,, We have a little project, an ant colony. DD got a habitat as an xmas gift. About 6 weeks ago we found some ants, with some larvae. Collected them up and our colony was started. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we love watching how they live and work together. Anyway, over the last few weeks we've been watching and hoping one of the ant pupae would turn into a queen. Today the last one hatched,,,, and there she was. She massive. We're so happy (sad,I know haha) , it means our colony will probably survive and thrive. Just thought I'd share that with you haha. :razz:
What a great update!! Yes, that's some smart things you've pointed out, like the example you're setting for your daughter, or catching yourself taking extra bits of things here and there. Very well done :-) And the ant colony sounds like fun!

Where are you that you're spending Euros instead of Pounds? Yes, I've noticed the price of berries in France can be outrageous, but then they taste SO MUCH better than strawberries here, for example. A friend was in Provence last week and saw cherries at a farmer's market for 6EUR a kilo (she posted the photo on Facebook) , so maybe you could check a farmer's market?
@Tracieknits, I'm near Barcelona. Yes cherries are cheap here, only 3 euros a kilo and they're gorgeous . They are quite carby though and I can easily eat 1/2 a kilo in one sitting. I've not seen berries at the market thought, only strawberries when in season. It's cherry season now but I've been avoiding them on this WOE. I love the market though, bags full of great fresh veg at very low prices. I now work everyday until 3 and the markets all finish at 2 here :(
hello ladies
@justdee well done on only one bite. dont beat yourself up. a bite isnt a whole one & shows willpower :) & thanks for remembering the list at the beginning. will take a look later. loving the ant colony. congratulations on the birth of your queen :) we have one upstairs still in its box from last christmas. am sure my 14 year old son would really like this now. think I will have to dig it out for him. can imagine its a bit like watching goldfish.
I have a confession to make. I forgot to log my egg on toast to mfp so was a bit higher than I thought yesterday. still only 70 carbs but took me to 1070 calories. damm. today I have tried to be super good but have had rotten headache for most of it. am making an effort to have a drink of water every time I go in the kitchen but today head has been quite bad. saying that, daughter has had same headache aswell so it might just be that it needs to storm. decided to finish up soya & linseed loaf so put 2 slices of toast in toaster when auntie turned up with belated 18th birthday pressie for other daughter, plus jam donuts!! couldnt be rude ;) so had one of those aswell. when I added to mfp the damage wasnt as awful as I thought & todays cals are 902 with 73 carbs.
dee & @hazelnut20 are you focusing on high protein or low carb or calorie intake? Its quite hard balancing them all :) so just hoping Im on the right path. think I will have to re-read the book.
pernelle, have you been out & bought anything nice yet to celebrate. your weight loss must be making a big difference to how your clothes are fitting now.
Ive a few things to do before bed so off to sort things. nite all. shelley xx
Hi Shelley @johns, sorry it took so long to reply. I'm finding it a bit difficult at the mo. I think I'll do 4:3 next week. Not sure what that will do to my weight loss after being on the BSD, but we'll find out. It's coming up to that time of month for me and I'm really craving something sweet, it's driving me crazy. I haven't done 100% BSD this week and want to change things up so I don't end up failing and going AWOL. I may well be doing the BSD the week after, but I need a break from it to get back in the zone.

As for what to count,,, I count cals and carbs, the protein takes care of it's self. If you go a little over (okay it's not ideal), but so be it, at least it's lower than it would of been if you hadn't tried. I hope week 1 is going well for you.

Where is Pernelle? I'm a little worried we haven't heard from her in a few days. Hope everything is ok @Hazelnut20 . Pop in and say hi when you get a chance. How's this week going?
justdee wrote: Hi Shelley @johns, sorry it took so long to reply. I'm finding it a bit difficult at the mo. I think I'll do 4:3 next week. Not sure what that will do to my weight loss after being on the BSD, but we'll find out. It's coming up to that time of month for me and I'm really craving something sweet, it's driving me crazy. I haven't done 100% BSD this week and want to change things up so I don't end up failing and going AWOL. I may well be doing the BSD the week after, but I need a break from it to get back in the zone.

As for what to count,,, I count cals and carbs, the protein takes care of it's self. If you go a little over (okay it's not ideal), but so be it, at least it's lower than it would of been if you hadn't tried. I hope week 1 is going well for you.

Where is Pernelle? I'm a little worried we haven't heard from her in a few days. Hope everything is ok @Hazelnut20 . Pop in and say hi when you get a chance. How's this week going?

I'm sorry you're finding it so difficult. TBH I'm not sure I could handle it myself. I know that when I have reduced my calories every day for weeks at a time, my metabolism slows to a crawl and I get intensely hungry and tired. Dr. Amanda Sainsbury Salis calls that the "famine reaction". She says to get through it, one must eat loads of mostly healthy foods and small bits of what it is you're craving most. She says if you eat enough food, again mostly the healthy stuff, your body will get through it and the extreme hunger will dissipate. She said eating more through this will also help right your metabolism.

Stay strong, and do what you need to do!! Adjusting your plan so that you can succeed is never a failure!
hi @justdee ~ dee
sounds like a plan if you are finding it a bit hard at the moment. temptation is quite hard to resist :) especially when those monthly cravings start shouting. 4:3 sounds a good idea. at least that way you are still in control. are you doing 5;2 diet but 4;3 style? or low carb 4;3? it reads 5;2 as you said doing bsd the week after? so are you gonna wait until after your weigh in?
perhaps pernelle is having trouble accessing the site. its been a nightmare over the last couple of days.
Im so tired. not sure if it is the low carb or me still getting over my cold & the arrival of baby & the extra shifts I signed up for at work. Ive been really good & am quite surprised that Im not actually hungry like I thought I would be. headache is a bit better now. have been drinking lots. am planning a run after work tomorrow so that if it is too much I will have the weekend to recover before Im back at work & up early again.
@tracieknits Im liking your advice. but why is it so hard being around food :) its just not fair. xx
Hello ladies!

Ooh, lovely to be able to get back on here! Haven't enjoyed not being able to get to my support system..ie you all!

So...how's it going everyone? I'm feeling a bit out of touch with you all...and I don't like it.
I do hope week 1 is going well for you, Shelley - but what a first week it is, with the birth of your granddaughter and all the excitement that brings! In answer to your question, I have always concentrated on low carb and calories - I'm at a loss to know how I can fit high fat into the equation as well - as I don't often have any numbers spare to spend on...cheese and the like! I'm not snacking during the day - which is just as well as I'd go over 800 calories for sure. I weigh my vegetables before roasting and I keep track of the calories using a food app. This varies every day - I might have 100g of mushrooms one day and then 135g the next - it rather depends on how hungry I am when I'm preparing dinner! All I know is, the calories soon mount up. If I had to have breakfast, I don't think I'd cope on this regime because it would probably mean having to skimp on dinner...and I'd hate that...so it's far easier to go without any food til past lunchtime. You soon get used to it..though the kettle gets overworked!

Though I was riding high after my six-week weigh in, the week degenerated somewhat on the mood front and it has been a mental battle to stay on the BSD tracks. Could've been hormone related (TOTM) or could have been diet fatigue maybe, either way, I've had lots of conversations with myself this week reminding myself that I am playing the long game/have come so far it would be a shame to blow it now etc etc. Week 7 is nearly over and that is what has kept me going. Some might call it bl***y mindedness! I don't need to tell any of you how hard it is to watch others eating...oblivious to what they are eating. Absent-mindedly scoffing biscuits...when you would give anything for the mere sniff of a biscuit!! Never mind that biscuits helped to get you to the size you are now.....that was then!

Am pleased to say that by Thursday, I was feeling much more positive about what I'm doing. Even made 85 scones for a forthcoming fundraiser - never so much as tasted a crumb.

So, there's only tomorrow and Sunday to get through til I'll be weighing in for Week 7. Tomorrow I'll be serving 100 runners cream teas - that'll be a test as I love scones and cream! Will have to satisfy myself that I can have such foods eventually...though not sure when.

Oh dear. I'm so tired that I keep falling asleep in front of this screen. Will have to get to bed now & maybe pick up again tomorrow - though it might have to keep til late on Sunday as my sister is over from Mauritius, so I'll be spending time with her....

Keep going, girls, whatever method you've chosen! Xxx
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 9 of 48