The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 10 of 48
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 48 Next
Thanks for checking in! I hope you have a lovely time with your sister and yay for succeeding in your battle to stay on track!
Glad to hear you have toughed it out and clung on to the horse. You are entering the final strait now. Gee up and on to the finish line! Are you going to 5:2 then?
It's funny how I'm only too busy or tired to post on the forum when I'm not doing great on this WOE :( I need to go for a shower now but will try to post later.
I usually avoid the forum when I'm not doing great, but I think it's important to write about the bad as well as the good bits of this WOE,,, and it might just keep me on the right path. Basically I'm off plan. I've stopped tracking my cals/carbs intake. I don't even know why, I just feel out of the zone. I'm putting it down to TOTM and hope this blip will pass. I am still low carb, although not as low and cals have been going over 800 for most of the week. Nowhere near my TDEE, but over none the less. I'm not eating until about 4pm each day, but I'm not making the right choices. I had a small amount of pasta yesterday, the first time since I started the BSD. OMG didn't I know about it. It was okay going down, although not as nice as it used to be, bland and a bit boring tbh. I did feel quite full after, but I'd had less than half of what I would normally have. After going to bed I started getting pains in and around my stomach. I thought it was food poisoning. I've had food poisoning once before and I can tell you it felt the same. I didn't feel sick though or need to :poop: . The stomach pain was the same, coming in waves and then going again, only to return with it's crunching pain a few minutes later. I don't know how, but I did manage to fall asleep. Today I've had no pain but my stomach still feels tender. I didn't eat until after 4pm again today, chicken salad with cottage cheese. Dinner this evening was tuna steak and mushroom omelette and a few nuts to snack on after. After typing it out, looks like today may have been a BSD day after all. I'll check with MFP in a minute. It felt like I was really off track today too. Now I'm confused :confused: .

Weigh in tomorrow still doesn't look good, if todays weight is any indication. It is what it is, so they say.
This week I'm planning 4:3, yes, it will be low carb because my body can not longer handle them. (Wondering if I've made myself wheat intolerant or something). If any days this week turn in to BSD days, then that's what they'll be.

Shelly @johns Hope week one has been okay for you. Almost a week done already. Sorry I've not been around as much as I should. How are you finding it?

Pernelle @Hazelnut20 you're just amazing. Week 8 just around the corner. You got this hun
Just checked with MFP, cals 797 carbs 26, may be I'm not doing a badly as I thought. Note to self: not a good idea to stop tracking food.

Must go to bed now.
Back soon,,,, Byeee!!!
Well I'm so sorry that the pasta attacked you! I actually had a similar experience yesterday, with a roast beef sandwich out at a pub -- I used to eat it all the time, but last night it was just clearly too much food and I was unhappy and bloated all night. The sad part is it made me so happy while I was eating it, but about 20 minutes later, I was really regretting my decision. But we went there because our son really wanted to have a celebration to mark the end of the school year.

I'm impressed you managed a BSD day today without even trying. I think your plan going forward is a very good one :-)
hello ladies
@hazelnut20 you are doing so well. sounds like you had a bit of a blip midweek too like @justdee but all is good again :) pernelle, hope you have a lovely time with your sister. she wont recognise you!! looking forward to hearing your weigh in news for week 7. cant believe its week 7 already. it will be make your mind up time very soon. do I carry on/dont I??
dee, hope you back in the zone now. sounds like you had a belly ache to remember. eyuck. glad it was gone by morning though. amazing how eating something that you would have classed as normal & fillng just turns you inside out. just like @tracieknits Im also impressed you had a bsd day without even thinking about it :)
am nearly at the end of my first week. last night went a bit off target in that I had 3, yes 3 whole pieces of terrys chocolate orange. yummy & a small glass of red wine.
I have however made something new this week. I made quinoa pizza base so that I could have pizza with the family. tasted a bit like wholemeal biscuit/bread but wasnt awful & I hadnt realised that cheese is zero carb. woohoo.
today has been a day for firsts on low carb. 1. first run today. 3 miles. first 2 were fine then I felt knackered & it became an effort. 2. saw a caterpillar on the path. first time this year. big furry one. 3. had my first poop. oops, sorry if tmi but cant remember the last time I went & was getting a bit worried.
so, all in all was an ok week. have got over the headaches & today actually felt quite awake & with it. perhaps its the end of my cold or maybe all the vegetables I ate yesterday.
hope you all doing ok. happy sundays. shelley xx
ok, ok, I know I just posted a big reply but was finishing off something I started this morning.

weigh in today. a day early & guess wot

woop woop ~ wait for it...

I have lost a total of 6, yes 6lbs since monday. thats a pound a day!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

ok, bye for now. have got dinner on the oven. xx
Oh....my....goodness....Shelley - that's absolutely fantastic! Well done you! I'm so pleased to hear that...It's been such a momentous week anyway, so that just about tops it all off, I reckon!

How pleased must you be??? Wish we had some audio smilies - I'd be posting trumpets right now!!

I'm sure I've written this on many posts - but the only real battle is with ourselves. Do we try BSD or not? Do 5:2 or 4:3 or 16:8? Eat that chocolate or not? Distract ourselves...or eat something? It's all about the choices and you've obviously made some good ones this week!

I'm thinking lots about @justdee right now and I must say what a shame it is that being female sometimes throws a great big spanner in the works on a monthly basis. Mood dips, cravings, comfort food - don't think I know many men who suffer in the same way as some women do. It's not always easy to dismiss the loud voice in your head, either. Will write a separate post in a minute, Dee, because it feels ages since we caught up properly....

As I said in an earlier post, I had the voices this week - which I have to put down to TOTM because I had absolutely no reason to lose faith - having lost weight steadily every week for 6 weeks. I could understand maybe if I'd had a week of putting on weight - then the 'throwing in the towel' voice would be expected..but all I know is I suddenly became quite despondent, felt very deprived and a bit below par on the mood front. Luckily, it never got so bad that I was tempted to take any action (reach for the biscuits etc), but it was the closest I've come to contemplating sabotage. Perhaps we ladies need to be on the lookout for such feelings - as in, expect them and be ready to dismiss them when they appear. I know my cycle, so it would make sense to anticipate a change in the way I think and feel about things...recognise it for what it is...and move on. Doing such a thing has never actually occurred to me before...I wonder why not!

I'm so glad the headaches have gone now @johns - that's an added trial when you are trying to change habits. If I remember rightly, week one and two went off OK for me, but in week 3 I really didn't feel so good, Very tired, no energy. I suppose it could have been down to any number of things...but I didn't have time to analyse it and happily, by week 4 I felt much better. Haven't felt awful since - in fact, only the other day, a friend of mine told me I was absolutely glowing....and used other lovely words too....such as pizzaz and sparkle! I nearly jumped for joy - because she was unwittingly describing everything I've been feeling lately. Tomorrow is Week 7 weigh in day......can almost see the finish post! If it is the finish post......hmmmmm.

Well, here's to Week 2 for you! Can't wait to hear all about it in the forthcoming 7 days. It's been quite disruptive not being able to access the forum...so I'm hoping to be here more now. Good luck nannyShelley!!

Ooh, I've just remembered, you asked a while back about fruit and veg? Have to say that the only fruit I have eaten during the last 7 weeks is a few strawberries every day with my full fat natural bio yoghurt. Am generally wary of the natural sugar in fruit...and when all's said and done, you get more bang for your bucks with veg. With only 800 calories to play with, I have to plan quite carefully every day. As I understand it, avoid all root vegetables as a definite. I've been eating mushrooms, peppers, red onion and a shed load of broccoli. If I liked them more, I would also eat courgette, spinach, cauliflower to name but a few. I also need to look up the carb content of tomatoes - since they roast well - but right now, I'm really happy with my lot in life. Dinner was absolutely scrummy...and I honestly wasn't coveting the bowl of creamy cheesy tomatoey pasta with melted mozzarella that my family were putting away tonight - I was far too busy enjoying the "clean" food on my plate...which incidentally I eat now with due reverence at a miles slower pace than ever known before...meaning I really taste every mouthful.
Well Shelley @johns, that's a great result, so pleased for you, well done. In to week 2 you go, wishing you an easy week.
As for the :poop: ing, I haven't been going as often on the BSD but put it down to not eating as much. I know too much info but I'm usually a once a day kind o girl, on BSD it's every other day. I find keeping my water intake up really helped.

I weighed in today and yes I've gained a lb. Not too bad considering TOM. I've not done the BSD today. I have been low carb (that's just the way I eat now) but haven't counted cals. I didn't eat until after 6pm today. I was at work until 5. Had some cheese and a few crackers when I got home. Dinner was Chinese take away. I had a huge salad, a spring roll and a small plate of beef and veg with 2 spoons of fried rice. Less than half what I would usually have (more like a quarter). Take aways used to be an excuse to pig out. Not any more :)
I saw today as a non-fastday. Turned out to be a small eating window day too and low carb. Soooo different than non-fast days pre BSD. Tomorrow will be a fastday. I had a bit of a wobble this week, but I am still on plan, okay, I've change to 4:3 this week, but as long as tomorrows fast goes well, I'm still on plan.

Lovely to hear from you both. Good luck for week 7 weigh in tomorrow Pernelle @Hazelnut20.
Progress....changes....strategies...control.......that's what I'm reading from your posts, @justdee!

To even be aware of carb consumption, let alone having dropped it right down...is massive.

To eat virtually a quarter of what in the past you would have by way of a takeaway....is massive.

I so hope you can see this! I've got all my fingers crossed for you for the week ahead and am looking forward to hearing how you go. Am cheering from the sidelines very loudly.....you go girl!! Xx
Forgot to shout out to @tracieknits and @barbarita for their kind support and comments above! I live up on a hill....so around here, we blame all our memory problems on altitude sickness!!

Sorry girls....and big thanks too! Xx
Thanks Pernelle @Hazelnut20, I do still feel sort of in control, although not doing BSD at the mo. Tomorrow will be the tester, see if I can do a full fast. I wanted to do it today and may well have come close (don't know the cals of the takeaway). I can feel myself getting a bit more positive and that horrid little voice is getting quieter.

In another post you wrote about your weight loss starting in good time for the wedding in November. I have a similar thing. In April when I returned to fasting I wasn't thinking too far in front, but as it goes in August lots of family and friends are coming to visit. Normally I would start to panic about my weight, 6 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, before they came. Try desperately to lose the weight before they got here. This time I'm already 11 weeks in and 15 lbs down and I still have 8 weeks before they get here. I can't stop now.
So glad your feeling better too. I love reading about your family. Enjoy the time you have with your sister. You really should go to the wedding. I know you don't like flying but that's only a very short part of the trip. You'll have such a great time. Life is all about making memories and a wedding is a great place to show off the new you. Being a single mum, I can't really fine the money for trips, although we love to travel. We have a trip fund. We want to go skiing this winter and a trip to London at some point because DD has never been. I used to easily find money for cake and chocolate whenever I wanted it (daily), so I can find a few euros for the trip funds. We started the ski fund in Feb, it now has over 250 euros in it and there's loads of time to save more. The London fund only has a few euros, we only started it a few days ago. We don't know when we'll go to London, but a few euros here and there soon add up. I think DD will learn a lot from us saving like this for something we want.
That's a great plan @Justdee and I do something similar for travel. I have a savings account and I move funds to it. Skipped having that manicure - move $12. Decided against going out to that lunch - move over $15. And also, I've been being very frugal and on the morning my husband is paid by automatic deposit, whatever is left over in the checking account gets swept over to the savings account. This is how I'm coming up with my spending money for August :-)

I agree about flying too. I have to get a prescription for xanax in order to fly, but it's so worth it!
Last year during maintenance on 5:2 I only had to fast every few weeks to keep my weight steady but went low carbs overall. I hardly ate sweets, cakes or muffins. Every time I had some hot chips or more than one slice of (wholemeal) bread my stomach was aching. The feeling was awful so I kept away from eating it. I now realise that over the last few months I have been eating larger quantities of pasta, more often, have bread with my soup, etc. I've also enjoyed dessert more often. The advantage is that I no longer feel as bloated after eating wheat (so perhaps my intolerance has eased?) but my weight has crept up. I'm following this thread with much interest. Wendy
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 10 of 48