The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 11 of 48
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 48 Next
I have a tin in my desk drawer and every day that I fast I put A$10 (about 5 pounds) in it which is what I am not spending on lunch (even though I generally bring my lunch from home, it still costs money). It is amazing how quickly it mounts up and every once in a while I treat myself to a manicure or a facial. I hope you get to the wedding @Hazelnut20. In 5 years you won't remember that you couldn't afford it, just the lovely memories of the day.
evening ladies :)
@hazelnut20 pernelle, how fantastic your friend was. lovely comments. such a boost to your confidence :) am eagerly awaiting the results of your weigh in. 7 weeks in. wonder what that will bring?
@justdee dee, how are you doing today? sounds like you have changed your eating habits. fancy ordering chinese & not eating all of it. unheard of in our house. if you order it you eat it :) even if you are full. hope todays fast went to plan.
so we all have countdowns. something to slim down for. mine is my holiday in just over 3 weeks. pernelle is a wedding & dee a family get-together.
my day was eventless. had breakfast with the girls at work after work today. cheesy omelette with baked beans & hash browns but didnt even touch the hash browns. got hungry mid afternoon so had a 1/4 of tub of greek yogurt. dinner was peppers, aubergine, courgettes, mushrooms a bit of all of them heated up then made into a tasty omelette. yep, 2 omelettes today but carbs are low for the day so am counting it as a result :like: theres chocolate in the fridge that I bought for the kids to share at the weekend & even though Ive been in there lots today getting milk for tea, etc, havent had a bite. woohoo.
looking forward to weigh ins. will check back soon. xx
Ooh, you're good, Shelley @johns - to be in and out of that fridge and not to give the chocolate lurking within a single thought - am full of admiration for you. Super food choices today as well - you won't go far wrong with what you've eaten! Brilliant stuff....

As you know, today was the Week 7 weigh-in. Have been tracking my weight daily these past couple of weeks and due to TOTM I hadn't seen very much good happening this week. I'm committed to this BSD though, so I've pushed on through all week....and was rewarded with a 2.8lb loss! Against other losses, it's quite pants....but it has tipped me just over the 2 stone mark (28.8lbs!) and who on earth wouldn't be satisfied with those numbers in that timescale.....not me!!! Am delighted.....

I wore a very colourful maxi skirt today and felt really quite trim....which is amusing, since I really need to lose another 3 stone! I suppose it's all relative - my gut has reduced significantly since the 9th of May and I can now bear to look in the mirror as I am not met with disgust and despair. Invariably, I now allow myself a little smile...and that's got to be good!

Well, I am careering towards the finish post - which won't be the finish post, obviously, but nonetheless will be a very significant milestone of sticking to something solidly for a set period of time! Nothing is going to upset my plan this coming week - because I absolutely won't let it! I survived watching people scoff all those scones at the weekend, plus cheese on toast, strawberries and cream, homemade biscuits, chips and so on...I even gave away my stash of nutty chocolate to my mum & sister for their road trip to Liverpool and Blackpool! Not because I feared eating it, but because I knew I wouldn't. What a turn up for the books that is....

Keep up the good work Shelley! Xx

JD - how has today been for you @justdee? Hope it's gone well. Let us know because we are always here for you. You've made such progress and we are willing you onwards! xx
:victory: :victory: :like: :rose: :angel: Well done Pernelle @Hazelnut20 that's great, sooo pleased for you. Over 2st in 7 weeks Whooo Hooo!!!! You're already one day in to week 8. You're a :star: . There's no stopping you. Good luck for week 8, not that you need it. Well done for sticking with it. I know that's as important as the weight loss. It's a real big achievement, I proud of you hun. I bet the maxi skirt looked lovely too, glad you felt good wearing it. Make sure to get lots of use out of it, it will soon be too big for you.

Well done Shelley@johns, resisting the chocolate and hash browns shows real control :victory: .
Don't worry about the amount of eggs, I was eating loads in the first few weeks. They are great for the BSD. Actually, it was only when I reduce my egg intake that I started to wobble (not literally hehe, that's all the time, just not as much these days hehe).

Well, today I was aiming for a fast. It didn't really go to plan. The chef gave me a chicken wrap. I went to give it to the homeless man, but he wasn't bloomin there!!! I told you I hate wasting food, so, I had half the wrap at about 3:30. That took me over my 500cal fast. I had my fastday evening meal later (chicken and veg). Put everything in to MFP,,,,, and guess what???? 858 cals and 51 carbs What!!!! That's a BSD day. How have I done that again? without trying and also feeling like I'm well over. I'm back in the game girls. Forget 4:3, for now. If I can do a BSD day without trying, I can do it anyway. It's great how I can't actually eat too much of the wrong foods. I'm going to boil some eggs in a minute so I'm all set for tomorrow. I can't really call this week 4, because week 3 was a bit hit and miss, but I'm still going, that's the main thing. Lets do this girls :clover: :clover: :clover:
You can call it anything you like @justdee...because you are completely brilliant!!

Wow, wow and thrice-wow! You have blown me away with your post! 51g of carbs???????? Proper job...as they say in Devon (I'm on the border of Devon...in Somerset and would be more likely to say "jolly good show" or some such - but the sentiment is just the same!). Doing a BSD day without even trying? Now that's impressive.

However you want to look at it...you is back in the game, girl! Not only that, but here is a free pass to call tomorrow whatever you jolly well like! Go with the flow - because that sure is working for you...and that's all that matters...

Ooh, I'm feeling a sudden surge in maternal pride. Shelley and Dee...getting on with the job! Yippeeeeeee! I'd love to talk eggs with you both...but they are my least favourite subject in the whole wide world...so I can't!

Thank you both for your lovely comments! You are the best people to share the news with...and my lovely buddy @wildmissus - not to mention the other kind forum members....because all of you understand exactly how momentous taking control can be. In real life, I'm a little short of people who understand the sacrifices I've been making - if that makes sense? I so appreciate all the support :heart:

Big hugs all round xxx
Thanks @Hazelnut20 I've had a great BSD teacher ;)
I know what you mean about family and friends not understanding. It's really not their fault though. My lot have seen me on and off diets for years. I lose some weight, they pay me compliment, say I look great, only for me to regain the weight, time and time again. It's funny how this time I think it's the real deal and I'm yet to tell them I'm having another go.
I'm loving how positive the forum is these days. Thanks to all of us using it to support each other. Feels a bit like the old place. I wish some of the old members would come back though. Think I'll just give a few shout outs ,,,,, @daydreamer21, @SueQ, @karenm, @bobshouse, @pinchypops, @Rawkaren, come back, we miss you!!!!!!!!!!
Awww does that mean @SueQ has cancelled her account? She did so well on 4:3 :(
Oh you're so right, JD - I've lost count of the times I've yo yo-ed and expected real life friends to be as enthusiastic as I temporarily am about a particular diet! Especially those who have never dieted in their life.

I miss the "old" names too! Some are probably in maintenance & don't have occasion to visit the ordinary threads maybe? Sue Q was inspirational when I joined the forum in late 2013...hope life is treating her well.
Oh wow -- all three of you have done such a fantastic job!! It's really inspiring!! Shelly @Johns well done on avoiding the chocolate in the icebox!! Pernelle @Hazelnut20 you're an inspiration - really! Well done! And I know what you mean about looking in the mirror and not feeling bad about what you see, despite needing to lose more. I have lost 60 and I probably need to lose another 45 or so, but I just feel so much better. I even feel so much better than I did in April, 22 pounds ago. And Dee @JustDee that's amazign you've managed to stay on plan without even really trying. That's fabulous!!

And now you've got me thinking I may need eggs for lunch tomorrow...
Thanks so much @tracieknits for your encouragement and very kind words! I know you really understand the highs and lows..plus you yourself are a total inspiration to us - having lost 60lbs to date, which is incredible!

That's what I like about being a member of this forum - we all celebrate the successes...but also lift each other up when things aren't going so well...

Have a great day! Xx
wow pernelle, 2.8lb loss is fantastic but the 2 stone overall in just 7 weeks is awesome!! (theres no thingy for big hugs, so am sending big hugs :) & a 2 stone trophy & medal to wear round your neck ~ wear it with pride!! :) ) am loving that you have seen a difference around your belly. thats brilliant too. bet your skirt felt & looked lovely on.
so @hazelnut20 am I reading that you may stay on low carb afterwards?? woohoo. Ill have someone to keep me grounded.
dee, just seen that you are back doing bsd. brilliant news. were you a bit shocked to find that this is just happening without any thought? in only a few weeks, you have changed your mindset towards food. woop woop. like pernelle said, thats impressive :) you should feel very proud of yourself & the choices you have made. @justdee do you feel better in yourself for doing this. you have said a couple of times that you havent eaten until the evening meal. do you find it hard being at work all day on an empty stomach? I get hungry about 6am at work but that could have something to do with the smell of fresh bread baking :) funny thing is that it disappears by the time I finish at 8am.
I have a friend who has been fighting to lose her last 4lb on slimming world for the last couple of months. she managed a couple of pounds last week & when I did my weigh in I texted her & she now wants to know all about low carb. I cant believe my first week. it is enough to push me on to complete 4 weeks but my goal was to get to 11.3lb & I went from 11.10 to 11.4 in just one week. as a bonus my belly seems so flat & hasnt felt tender at the end of the day. having had 5 children it could be flatish in the morning but I could look 5 months pregnant by bedtime just by the food Id eaten :) my friend was very jealous but I had to remind her that Id only had bread 3 times last week & hadnt eaten anywhere near as much as she had. I am quite missing bread :( thats what I would normally reach for if I was hungry. the chocolate craving is under control. I think I might buy some of that courgetty stuff today to have with some left-over quorn bolognese from sunday. its pricey but I reckon I can justify it as I havent spent money on chocolate or cake in the past week.
I am ok doing this at the moment as I have a goal date but not sure if I could do it week in week out. would be interesting to see if afterwards we go onto 5:2 fasting or 5:2 BSD. will have to re-read the book & see what was recommended.
anyways, congratulations again ladies. heres to another positive week :) :) :) xx
oh no. where is everyone? @hazelnut20 @justdee :) :) xx

hope you had a lovely time pernelle catching up with your sister. was she surprised at how fantastic you are looking? :)

dee, hope things are going to plan, whichever plan you are following this week. check in when you have the time. be great to hear how things are going.

we are going over sons house to see him & his girlfriend & their rescue cat on thursday evening. need an excuse to get out of fish & chips or ideas of something non carby to have from chippy. please, any ideas?? anyone :)

off to see baby now. :) :) for lots of cuddles :) :) take care & talk soon. shelley xx
johns wrote: we are going over sons house to see him & his girlfriend & their rescue cat on thursday evening. need an excuse to get out of fish & chips or ideas of something non carby to have from chippy. please, any ideas?? anyone :)

Tricky. I would get a big piece of fish, no chips, and not eat the batter. If they have to fry to order, you could try asking them to not put batter on yours. Old style chippies used to sell pickled onions, and what I think were boiled eggs in an enormous jar. Some modern ones might offer salad as a side but they are usually very dull. I would avoid anything that looks like sausage as the ones you get there are usually cheap, laden with wheat, additives and even sugar.
Pilchards wrote: I have a tin in my desk drawer and every day that I fast I put A$10 (about 5 pounds) in it which is what I am not spending on lunch (even though I generally bring my lunch from home, it still costs money). It is amazing how quickly it mounts up and every once in a while I treat myself to a manicure or a facial. I hope you get to the wedding @Hazelnut20. In 5 years you won't remember that you couldn't afford it, just the lovely memories of the day.

Hi Pilchards,I love your idea of putting away$10 on fast day,it's a great way to reward yourself,I need to do that and get a massage
johns wrote: we are going over sons house to see him & his girlfriend & their rescue cat on thursday evening. need an excuse to get out of fish & chips or ideas of something non carby to have from chippy. please, any ideas?? anyone :)

Hi Shelley -- why not just be honest, and tell your son you are taking care of yourself and need to eat something healthier than food from a chippy. To be honest, nobody should really be eating food from a chippy (as much as we all love it), so it's good for you to model healthier behavior in front of your son anyway. I would pick two other things in the area and ask him if you could visit (a) or (b) instead. Or pick a place like a Maltings where you can get a salad and they can get fish and chips.
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 11 of 48