The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
No Loss
25 Mar 2013, 20:30
No weight loss on my 2nd week, dissapointed , ive stuck to my 500 cal fast days, yeterday went under 500, Thought I had overdone it on my feed days, but obvioulsy not :confused: :frown:
Re: No Loss
25 Mar 2013, 20:32
But obviously have x
25 Mar 2013, 20:38
Hey, don't worry about the scales going up, they will go down as well. Most of us have done that.
Just keep going. It really does work.
25 Mar 2013, 21:07
Reading around some people are prepared to watch/count calories on feed days and some aren't.
If you are then you need to check your TDEE (there's a link in Resources) and aim to eat that on feed days.
If not then it's just a matter of keeping plugging away at it, the weight loss might be slower but if that approach suits you better then go for it. This diet is all about fitting you.
25 Mar 2013, 21:26
Hey Andav,

Look, I was pretty disappointed, yesterday, when I jumped on the scales and saw I was nearly back to where I started on this nearly two weeks ago. I weigh daily. I know people say not to and it can be discouraging but it can also be uplifting.

My weight can "fluc"tuate by a kg or more in a day. If I weighed once a week and was on an up "fluc" then I would be pretty disappointed. Daily weighing (and taking an average for the week) is a much better prescription (for me, anyway).

The thing is I am back down 900 grams from yesterday so I am happy again. I think you just have to accept that there are up flucs and down flucs and maybe don't go crazy on your non-fast days.

It was my Mum that put my weight back through the roof. One Sunday lunch at her place could feed a small country for a week!

Just be reassured that sometimes there are ups and sometimes downs just like the stock market but over the longer term, if you stick with it, you will go down.

Cheers!
25 Mar 2013, 21:38
25 Mar 2013, 21:41
I just weigh myself once a week Sunday mornings and after 2 feed days because I imagine if I weighed after a fast day I would be lighter
25 Mar 2013, 21:53
Not necessarily actually. I weighed more after the my fast day, on Friday then on Saturday it suddenly dropped. It coincided with an, ahem, clear out, IYKWIM!
25 Mar 2013, 21:59
anndav wrote: No weight loss on my 2nd week, dissapointed , ive stuck to my 500 cal fast days, yeterday went under 500, Thought I had overdone it on my feed days, but obvioulsy not :confused: :frown:

You are probably eating too much somewhere along the line. Time to look at what you are eating.... Are you drinking water or juices? Juices and smoothies can hide a lot of extra calories.

Also on fast days, not only keep it at 500 (or less, because that is really a max), but try and eat lean meats and lots of green veggies. Why? Because it teaches you to enjoy these types of foods. After not eating all day, suddenly a raw spinach salad sounds incredibly appealing. Over time, you will start to make different choices when it comes to food.
25 Mar 2013, 23:08
Rufus after two weeks it is too soon to say whether the OP had done anything wrong at all. It is most likely water retention. I would not worry until there had been no weight loss or inches lost for a month. At this stage it's best to settle into the routine of twice weekly fasting rather than worry about the scales.
10 posts Page 1 of 1