The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Progress after 8 days
27 Mar 2013, 11:11
Morning all!!!
Yesterday was one week since I started the 5:2 but since I didn't wake up at home I couldn't weigh myself.
So, my result after 8 days on the programme and 3 fasts is -2 kilos (4.4lbs).
I think I did well, what's your opinion? Considering the fact that I ate over my TDEE on Sunday and Monday I feel that it's not bad.
I'll continue doing what I did on this week (but not exceed my TDEE if possible) and if I see that I get stuck I'll go for 4:3 for next week.
It might sound too ambitious but I want to try my best and lose 1 stone (additionally to what I lost) until Greek Easter (May 5).
Re: Progress after 8 days
27 Mar 2013, 11:31
Well done - a splendid loss!

However, it is important that you are mentally prepared in case next week's loss is less, or even non-existent! There are countless reports on here of people who change nothing but after a good first week's loss have one, or sometimes more, weeks of nothing! On the plus side, there are also people who record a steady loss week after week. If we knew what makes the difference then we could make this work for everyone. Unfortunately, that is not yet the case, but as long as you are in for the long term this should work for you. A stone by May 5th may be a little ambitious, given that the average on this WOE is 1lb a week, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you next week!

My apologies if this post sounds very negative. It is not my intention but I strongly believe that it is important that people are aware of both the negative and positive sides to this WOE.
27 Mar 2013, 11:58
Well, I started by thinking that I might not lose any so I don't find your post negative at all.
I just have to have back up plans so that I won't get stressed. So, my back up plan is to go 4:3 if I don't lose weight on my second week and that will keep me thinking positive.
I know that the average is 1 pound per week but I will do my best to do a bit above that. If I don't that is fine. I only hope that I continue losing, even the average, so that I won't lose faith.
27 Mar 2013, 12:22
Thanks Izzy, same to you!!! The good thing is that we can adjust the programme to our needs. I have and I've been rewarded -so far.
27 Mar 2013, 12:29
Well done TML even if the weight loss does even out that's a fantastic start.

Keep up the good work.
27 Mar 2013, 12:54
Thanks!!!
27 Mar 2013, 16:31
Well done on the first week! You've set yourself quite a tough goal, but I'm sure it's possible. Don't be despondent if you don't lose for the next couple of weeks, either. Often the first week you lose a lot of water so the scales don't budge for a while after. I averaged a loss of 0.7 kgs over 8 weeks and only had to lose a stone, so doing 4:3 I suppose your weight loss should be quicker. Good luck to you - I don't think I'd have the willpower to fast 3 days a week!
27 Mar 2013, 17:49
Thanks so much! If I have a little encouragement I find the willpower to do anything!!! All I need is to continue losing, even a teeny tiny bit of weight!!!
29 Mar 2013, 01:39
Wow TML13! That is a wonderful loss! Just think, you've lost in 1 week what the average is for a month! :like:
29 Mar 2013, 02:03
I think that's a great loss!

Do you have an exercise routine? If not, maybe that would help propel you towards meeting that stone goal.

And I agree with you, too - the flexibility of this WOE is what I think makes it work. I mean, the fasting is just for a day at a time ... you don't have to do it back to back. Go for 4:3 - I'd be interested to know if it speeds it up for you.
29 Mar 2013, 14:52
I can't exercise at the moment because of some health problems. I do walk but not much and I do the hidden exercises such as house work (I did two hours of it today).
29 Mar 2013, 14:54
I haven't been on 4:3 yet so wait for me to do it and then pass the credits, Franglaise! ;-)
12 posts Page 1 of 1