The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Results after 15 days
03 Apr 2013, 09:40
Good morning my friends.
15th day of 5:2 for me and second (official weekly, since I get on the scales everyday) weigh in for me.
I lost a little over a kilo (around 2,6lbs).
I am not neither happy nor unhappy. I wanted a bit more (1,5 kilo/3,3lb) but since it's that time of the month and I'm dealing with some toilet (or lack of, LOL) issues I won't complain.
Also, the past week was kinda 4:3 (Sunday was a 24 hours fast) which is why I'm thinking that I could have done better.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day and today starts another week which will probably be a 5:2.
I am 4.85 kilos and 4,5 weeks away from my target which is to lose a stone from 27/3 to 4/5. I'm crossing my fingers and I will do my best to achieve it!!!
Thank you all for being here!!! :like:
Re: Results after 15 days
03 Apr 2013, 11:11
Well done you! A loss is a loss, and (from another daily weigher) I think you're doing well :)
03 Apr 2013, 11:14
Thank God I'm not the only one!!!
I used to think that I'm weird till I met one of my best friends and she confessed that she weighs herself 3 times daily.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, as long as I'm losing I should be happy. I am a damned perfectionist, I can't be happy even when I have every right to be! Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
03 Apr 2013, 11:27
I think it's great you had a weight loss at all in the second week, well done!
I also weigh myself every morning when I can. It helps me keep an eye on my weight. Yes, there are fluctuations, but overall I find it really helps in controlling how I eat.
03 Apr 2013, 11:46
Thank you!
Yes, it does help a lot! I know that the general advice is to do it once a week but I feel that I'd be either fat or guilty of every tiny bite of food if I did it that way.
03 Apr 2013, 12:07
well done TML

if you keep doing what your doing there is no reason you shouldn;t be at or at least very close to your goal by 4/5

jeniben
03 Apr 2013, 13:19
Thanks, I hope so!!!
03 Apr 2013, 14:58
Well done! You are ahead of the forum average, so you should be very pleased with yourself! Some poor people lose nothing for a few weeks or lose very slowly. I know from some of your pevious posts that you have the Greek Easter in your sights as a target point but sometimes I think having targets can set oneself up to feel like a failure and that's not what this WOE is about. To reach your target you will need to lose about 1kg per week and that would be difficult with this WOE, unless you have a great deal of weight to lose or are cutting down a lot on non-fasting days?

I am off on a cruise on the 1st May but I have deliberately not used that as a target. All I have said to myself is that I would like to be less than 11 stone by then because then I know my 'dressing up' clothes will fit better. Anything more than that would be an added bonus!

Sorry if I have come over as a know-it-all, nagging Grandma. I applaud your success but know from my own experience how failing to reach targets can really damage weight loss achievement and I wouldn't want that to happen to you. Good luck for your next week!
03 Apr 2013, 15:06
Well Done TML that is fab, just completed my first fast day yeaterday and doing my next one tomorrow, hope I have as good a loss as yours come end of next week.

Best Wishes
03 Apr 2013, 20:54
SR, thanks for your advice and encouragement! I am one of those people who have to set targets. It helps me focus and do better. I won't feel like a failure if I don't do it because I know my health problems and how they are slowing down my weight loss, I just know that if I have a target I might actually have better results.

Timbermiss, thank you! I wish you to do even better than me!
03 Apr 2013, 21:04
Thanks, Izzy!
Indeed, I eat mostly carbs on fast days and I have a thyroid who decided to stop performing its duties.
On the other hand, I have scottish blood which means that I am a stubborn cow!!!
03 Apr 2013, 22:16
Well done TML. You are chipping away large chunks of your target and will get there I'm sure. I set myself targets like you. I've learned not to set them too high to set myself up to fail, just enough to keep me stretching............

I'm giving weighing every day a try. I've downloaded an App and am monitoring things over the next few weeks. It'll be interesting to see the fluctuations across a week. Hope any gains don't affect me too seriously though.
03 Apr 2013, 22:27
Thanks! I too think that my target is not unreachable!

Use any (touch wood, God forbids) gains in a positive way. You will know better your TDEE, you will know better what makes you gain and what makes you lose, and you will have the control of your weight since if you see an unusual gain you will do something to balance things up.
04 Apr 2013, 01:13
Congratulations TML on your weight loss!! Just remember, where your Thyroid is concerned, any weight loss is a WIN!

What is the daily app? Is it for your phone or comp?
04 Apr 2013, 01:38
Thanks so much!!!
Yes, I know very well that thyroid can cause much trouble when it comes to losing weight. I gained most of the weight I want to lose in less than two weeks and I'm struggling for months to get rid off it!!! When I lose that 4 kilos, I'll scream of joy! Then, I have another two that I also gained because of my thyroid but in more time.
15 posts Page 1 of 1