The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

20 posts Page 1 of 2
June weigh in results!
04 Jun 2013, 13:10
Here are the results from the June weigh-in:

The total loss from the 86 people (quite a bit down from last month, must be because I forgot to announce it in good time...sorry!) who posted their results is 150kg !!
The total reduction in waist size from the 59 people who posted results is 105 cm !

Among the women, the biggest loser in weight was mpinho (a last minute entry, you were just in time!) who lost 4.8kg :star:
while AiriR and glassmarble together were the biggest losers waist-wise, both losing 7 cm :star:
For the men, the biggest loser was Legoman who lost 3.9kg :star:
and waist-wise jacksati lost 5 cm :star:
Congrats all. :like:

The average loss overall was 1.88kg or 0.47kg /week ; the median loss was 1.38kg (n=86)
For women the average loss was 1.89kg or 0.47kg /week; the median loss was 1.5 kg (n=74)
The average loss for men was 2.58kg or 0.64kg /week ; the median loss was 1.88kg (n=6)

So for women the average weight loss continues to be 1 lb per week
:fat:
while the men lose nearly half a pound more (but there are so few men in the database, these stats are a unreliable :confused:)

The excel spreadsheet can be found here.

For the eagle-eyed among you (e.g. PhilT!) if you're wondering why the n numbers don't add up it's because I did not include those who gained weight in the stats because, I'm ashamed to say, I could not work out how to get excel to take account of a negative loss...every time I input the number it converted it to a positive, so I, um...gave up...sorry :oops: Feel free to correct it!

Next weigh in will be July 6th...that's 5 weeks for you to get that fat shifted...so I'm expecting some big numbers! :clover:
Re: June weigh in results!
04 Jun 2013, 13:13
Wow - what a lot of number crunching! Thanks, Caroline! And what a lot of weight lost :)
04 Jun 2013, 13:29
That was very quick Caroline! Ta much for the info and for working it all out.
04 Jun 2013, 15:55
I will post next time - promise.... got back from holiday on Sunday evening and the scales weren't kind after my week away :bugeyes: , but I am back on track now with a good fast yesterday... :grin:

Hopefully within a week or so the excess from the holiday will be gone and I'll lose that little bit more to get to my target.... I was only 6 lb away before the holiday so I might even make it by the July weigh in :wink:
04 Jun 2013, 15:57
If I don't reach my target weight by next weigh in, I'll be very mad!!!

Congratulations everybody, well done!!!
04 Jun 2013, 16:29
Congratulations to everyone and thanks to Caroline again for her hard work :like:
04 Jun 2013, 19:46
Thank you for working this out Caroline.
06 Jun 2013, 13:16
Does your head hurt now after doing all the math ??? Thank you x
06 Jun 2013, 14:00
I didn't post this time because I didn't understand the instructions about kg and pounds etc. Mind you, I didn't spend much time trying to understand it either, so it's my own fault! Sorry! I'll do better next time!
10 Jun 2013, 22:51
If we weigh in on the tracker does that count towards the results? Or do we need to post it on the board somewhere? Sorry... confused
11 Jun 2013, 11:05
Hi foggin

When the weigh-in is open (first weekend of each month) you need to post your results. The data is not taken from the tracker. Although such info could probably be extracted, the aim was to have a thread where we could brag/moan about our last-month's progress! Then I crunch the data so as to 1) reassure everyone that the average rate of loss is still 1lb per week, 2) give a small shout out to the biggest loser for that month, 3) show how many kg we have collectively lost in a month so we can feel smug!
11 Jun 2013, 23:51
Gotcha! Did it in May but missed June, will make sure to watch for next month. thanks so much! Karen
12 Jun 2013, 06:22
Can I join the next weigh in? 1st July here I come :-)
12 Jun 2013, 07:35
I am likely to go in maintenance soon; I assume the weighins are for people aiming to lose weight ?
So July weighin is likely to be my last unless I slipup :doh:
20 posts Page 1 of 2