The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

18 posts Page 1 of 2
How about a foodies' corner?
30 May 2013, 09:26
Most of us on this forum are almost by definition people who love food, and one of the chief attractions of this WoE is the "5" part, the one that lets us eat the foods we love. I was thinking it might be nice to have a place where we can go to talk about what we get up to on the days we aren't fasting, and swap cooking tips, restaurant recommendations, favourite cookbooks, where to get great ingredients, things like that to make those 5 days worth the 2 we fast.

What do people think?
Sounds like fun to me, we will have a choice of restaurants all over the world. :plate: :pizza:
Yep, I'm a foodie shortie! I think Moogie is working on a recipe section for us but a virtual coffee shop where we could swap ideas would be great. Thanks for that idea
I think I suggested a 'Feed day recipes' forum or something like that (like the sound of 'Foodies Forum' better though!) when I restructured the categories here and the idea got poo-pooed as not relevant to 5:2 - but I agree, we're mostly all here because we love food, so why not? :)
Thanks Moogie - I hadn't seen your original suggestion but I wouldn't have been pooh-poohing it! Not sure why it wouldn't have been relevant to 5:2 as it forms the bulk of the week. Anyway, perhaps in the Non-diet chat section there could be a subsection called Foodies' Forum for people to start food-related topics?

Thanks again for reconsidering it.
I think Moogie, that the forum has become so popular it is still evolving as new people join, so what you asked then might get a different response now. The more the merrier I say. Think you've got your work cut out!
What a lovely idea - I'm in!
Baking is one of my interests and fortes - used to be elaborate sugarpaste multi-tier cakes but has now switched to sourghdoe bread as my passion.
I also love to cook with all kinds of spices and cuisines - the stranger the more interesting :-)

What kind of foodies are the rest of you?
I make quick cooked from scratch every evening except Fridays. That's my day away from the kitchen and I love to bake at weekends. Not expert, I just love it
Count me in! I cook, oh, 99% of food from scratch and love baking, though I don't do cake decorating...they always look dire! A sprinkling of icing sugar is about my limit!
I've been doing the family cooking for about 10 years now and still consider myself a novice, though there are few new techniques I won't give a go. My kids are great eaters (especially my son) though I don't know whether that's my cooking or their palates :-) I love reading cookbooks - I read them now more than fiction - and fantasising about what I'm going to make for a particular meal. I try to make Saturday nights a "special" dinner when I am allowed to spend the time on it - it may be burgers and chips but the burgers will be organic and there will be different toppings to choose from and the chips will be Heston Blumenthal's triple-cooked chips, if you see what I mean.

I would really love to be better at cooking - I consider it's time that keeps me from doing it really well, not desire!
....and as if by magic, a new forum appeared! :D
Well done Moogie - thank you! You may want to add the words "Fasters beware..."

;-)
Brilliant idea. I love cooking and luckily so does hubby. We are building and have designed the house around cooking and entertaining. One thing I can't master is pastry so any advice would be welcomed.
18 posts Page 1 of 2