The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Did anyone see the interesting tv programme called "50 Shocking Facts about Diet and Exercise" shown last Thursday 2nd January at 9 pm on Channel 5 in the UK? Well worth a look.
I forgot to mention that it does not seem to be available on Demand 5, but you can watch it on YouTube.
No I haven't seen it yet...is it worth watching?
I started to watch it but the way they present these type programs was winding me up, so gave up !
I thought it was very interesting, but I agree. It could have been presented better, and some of the things were only touched on. I am still wondering about the chicken feathers in bread?!
Got this recorded to watch another time. :)
Haha you missed the "live chat" on the chatterbox thread when this was aired, makes interesting reading ;)
Minigill wrote: I started to watch it but the way they present these type programs was winding me up, so gave up !

This was going to be my question, whether the thing was done sensibly or not.

Mostly these progs are just interested in showing you 10/15 minutes of limbs swinging across the screen and a few pseudo scientific facts misquoted in order to misrepresent the subject entirely; i.e. telling an apathetic public what they want to hear..... it's not worth exercising and you might as well stay over-weight.

I could well be wrong and hope I am. The title doesn't really inspire confidence. It doesn't in me anyway.
8 posts Page 1 of 1