The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

28 posts Page 1 of 2
My Last 500 cal Fast!!!!!!
24 Jan 2014, 17:11
:shock: No not that this one is my last. :shock:
But I'm struggling and have been since just before xmas before that time my only gain was due to a weeks holiday obviously xmas treats + goodies haven't helped one bit and yes I've done a couple of good fasts @rawkaren
( she's so bossy + you only needed to tell me off once.)

RE:: The title i truthfully can't remember the last time I actually did a true+ proper fast I'm still allowed over the 500 cals and yes I've cheated and obviously that figure is too many so here's my plan I'm now going to change my tracker to show no exercise because I've done buggerall since about November so I will do 2 x 500 cal fasts next week and 1x half/semi fast minimum each week for the next month. :shock: Yes I've got to get a grip because I will fulfill my goal and signature promise. I have never before had such an opportunity to lose so much weight because none were sustainable for people needing to lose lots of
stones/pounds/kilos. This one is and for my first 8 months has done just that. I myself have done the damage this last month and because I eat out a lot (3 times this week) well I need to take back control, maybe my body is fed up with the extra half fasts I keep putting in so I've dropped today's half fast after weighing in and seeing over 1kg gain!!!!!!!

That's my new plan and I'm sure you'll all help me to make my plans come to fruition I really need to get back in control before too much damage is done at the moment that stands at about 5lbs :shock: I didn't make the xmas club goal and have reset my valentines goal to be the same and at this moment in time I'm not going to make that either, I have got family "stuff+other" stuff going on but NO Excuses time to take back control.
Re: My Last 500 cal Fast!!!!!!
24 Jan 2014, 17:16
Go you, Sue.Q!!! :like: (ooh, that rhymes! :grin: )

You CAN do it... you've done it before.

I've had a phenomenal week because I kicked myself up the butt on Sunday morning and stopped misbehaving... here.... have some of my "Determination Dust" *sprinkles in Sue.Q's direction* xx
24 Jan 2014, 17:21
We'll said, go for it! Wishing you every success x like the sound of determination dust! Must must remember the dust! Haha sprinkle liberally here!
24 Jan 2014, 17:28
We are with you Sue! Domane's Determination Dust will help too!
I Admire your resolve x
Never forget Sue though how far you've already come and how well you have done,just by yourself,without even OH knowing..losing all that weight..winning two awards here for such a great support to everyone else..so pls don't be too hard on yourself x
24 Jan 2014, 17:30
Well done Sue on being so honest with yourself and now you've come clean you know you can count on our support to keep you on the straight and narrow. You'll soon be waving bye bye to those pesky pounds! :like: :clover: :clover: :grin:
24 Jan 2014, 17:37
Oh @Sue.Q! You did give yourself a good talking to! Do you want us to be bossy, but supportive????? I can do bossy if you like? :grin:

Anyway I am wishing you every success and you go for it....you MUST do those 500 calorie fasts now! :heart:

p.s. I just want to say that you have lost more than the average you know on a weekly basis so that's GOOD! :heart:
24 Jan 2014, 17:45
Good for you Sue. I have a belief that we have all learnt so much about ourselves these past 6 months or so.
Being disheartened is not a great feeling, and I for one will sprinkle whatever you need in vast quantities if needed.
You are an inspiration to me and many others, so if you feel that's the way to go then so be it.
I personally think that I've over complicated this very simple concept. And I will say it again If it isn't broken don't fix it.
:heart: :clover:
24 Jan 2014, 18:05
Come on Sue, do it, if not for yourself, do it for everyone here. You have done so well and come so far don't let it slip. You are so supportive of everyone else, so come on!

Do you really want @janeg to clobber you round the back of the head with that stinking wet fish? I'll call her if you don't buck up. Oh wait a minute, too late, I already did. She'll be here soon :lol:

PS I have loads of dust (house) but I don't think you'd want it sprinkled on you
24 Jan 2014, 18:21
Sue, I've been on the forum longer than most. Every now and then someone will write a post that really sticks in my mind. One of those in particular is yours from months ago when you suggested to people to go back to basics. When I waver on fast days I always remember that.
24 Jan 2014, 18:34
Sue, you have been such a magnificent source of inspiration on this forum that it almost hurts to hear you beat yourself up like this, you are being too hard on yourself. Forget what you've been doing since Christmas, or whenever you feel you starting losing your way, just go back to basics, you know the ones? Yes, those ones, the very same ones that got you to shed 20.67Kg in the first place, that is no mean achievement. There are always going to be difficult days, I think it's fair to say that we've all been there and done that but, lets be honest here, nobody wants to be walking around smelling of stale fish now do they? :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
24 Jan 2014, 18:59
Hi Sue, I also fell off the wagon big time, but my daughter is getting married in April and I have been so determined to get back to the weight I had managed to attain...it's been a very strict two weeks but I think I have gained control...you can do it too ...maybe think of an occasion later this year and plan where you wan to be..go girl!! I now have 10 weeks to get to my ideal goal for,the wedding, if I can do it then so can you!!!
24 Jan 2014, 20:57
:heart: :heart: Thanks everyone for you support that's something we can always rely on with this forum :heart:
Determined Dust applied :like:, kick up the butt done :shock:
I do need to be hard on myself because no way am I going to regain anymore, and the thought of the
. Wet smelly fish :shock: OH no way please spare me. :shock:

However I did my tracker and I'm shocked on the difference it has made on my calorie allowance when I started I just set it at moderate because I couldn't actually walk very far or often and never even thought about it again.
Somehow reading CandiceMarie's famine post and thinking maybe but NO its me cheating and I am/was it just clicked into place so decided to make a clean break of it and confess, 8months without a blip so why now? I dunno but Knowing that you guys are on standby helps because its a weird feeling I'm cracking just as I normally do but YES this time its so different.
24 Jan 2014, 22:22
Oh, Sue.Q! I am in the same boat as you! I have had to do exactly what you are proposing to do! Having regained nearly a stone since the end of October, I have gone back to basics and, in two weeks, lost seven pounds! That's two more ponds than you need to, so I'm sure that you will do it easily - especially now you have given yourself a good talking to and with the support of this wonderful forum!

Good luck, :clover: I'll be with you on our (regained) weight loss journey! :smile:
24 Jan 2014, 22:33
Sue, I feel for you, just get back to basics and remember those wonderful long walks you used to do on fast days? Isn't it time to put on your new fitting shoes and get back to walking? I think that a big part of your previous success was the fact that you walked on fast days and increased your fat burning time. I'm sure that the weather had a lot to do with you not getting outside but it's time to bundle up and get back to your 5:2 basics, 500 cals and a good walk. :) :heart:
24 Jan 2014, 22:45
:heart: Well done @StowgateResident Your gain
almost blown away :heart:
Yes the kick up the bum worked for you let's hope its
same for me.

:heart: @Betsysgr8 Yes boots out ready for
Sunday/Monday because I know that must have been the reason for my amazing success and as I said done very little since November and now I've reset my activity level I'm shocked to see the difference in calories so I've been overeating for 3months!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
basically I'm lucky I've not done more damage. :shock:
28 posts Page 1 of 2