The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
I just read your success story. It was so inspirational, i just had to print it out. Moogie, thank you for giving us a nice print feature!

Your story was realistic and so inspiring. Congratulations on a wonderful weight loss and a wonderful way of telling your story. I appreciate your mentioning your plateaus, but you still hung in there. Reading your story really made me feel like I can do this.

Congrats again and thanks!
I went back and re-read the post & it's excellent.

I could write a very similar post and probably I should. I also had given up diets as I was fed up of the stone off, 2 stone back on syndrome.

Hang in there, get past the first few weeks and experiment gently to get the way of eating to work best for you and it does all get better. I wasn't fussed about losing weight, but had to as my bp was high and started never thinking I would but life is much easier 3 stone lighter, a pound off at a time...
:heart: Congratulations @natsw Brilliant job you've done in the last year well done on sticking with this amazing WOL/WOE especially when time became tough, enjoy your new BMI and be proud because you dit it all by yourself. :heart:
Congratulations. Your story is so similar to mine and several others on here. I think it can't be stressed too much that even slow weight loss adds up after time and I think we are all in this for the long haul. Onwards and downwards1
Have you got any pictures to share?
BBT, I need to get my BP down too, so I'm doing this for my health as well as vanity. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
My bp is down lots. It's pretty normal now, definitely the way to go if you need it down. Good luck.
Thank you all so much for your lovely words (sorry for the delay in replying). It was so nice to come on here today (a fast day no less) and find such nice replies to my post. I'm glad it struck a chord. Good luck to you all too!
Hello and congrats natsw - it's a great feeling isn't it? One year on and I've lost over 3 and a half stones and much of it is down to the support on here.
Thanks little flower for directing me to natsw's story x
I get impatient about weight loss sometimes and this story reminds me that losing a pound a week on IF means its possible to shed 52pounds a year..42 lb allows for a few slip ups,hols etc!
A year passes so fast..so why am i getting impatient!
Plus the slow steady loss hopefully also means less saggy skin! And not forgetting the health benefits of 5:2!
Thanks little flower and@natsw
Youve made me think of the tortoise and the hare story..tortoise was slow but he gets there in the end..like you said nat,much better slow and steady 3 stone loss over a year than looking back on several abandoned attempts over a year ..and probably being quite a bit heavier too
Into the bargain :wink:
11 posts Page 1 of 1