The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
For those who weigh daily..
29 Jan 2014, 12:12
...I'm noticing that I lose more the morning after a non-fast day than I do the morning after a fast-day. As long as it comes off, its fine with me, but is there any logical explanation for this?
Re: For those who weigh daily..
29 Jan 2014, 12:14
Welcome to the forums Ceelynn!

I have never had that happen, personally. I think for many of us, we weigh far less after a fast day because there's nearly no food in our digestive tract. Maybe you're eating a lot of low calorie but very high fiber foods on fast days?

I don't know LOL - the human body is sooooo weird and we all seem to have one that insists on doing something odd, huh?
29 Jan 2014, 13:00
I always weigh least on a Thursday and most on a Sunday, regardless...

I weigh more, even if it's been a fast day, if I'm very sore from exercise as the muscles retain water.

The only way to really tell would be to log daily in Libra and then assess once you have lots of data. But that's a bit OTT unless you are a bit geeky like me.
29 Jan 2014, 13:10
been doing this for nearly 9 months and its never happened like that for me. always about 300g to 500g less than day before if day before was a fast day. In earlier days had even lost 800g in a single day
29 Jan 2014, 13:25
I've found the same too. My official 'weigh in' day is a Friday, so the morning after my Thursday fast. However I often find that I am lighter when I weigh again (just out of interest) on a Saturday morning. My theory for this is that I usually have wine on a Friday night so maybe I am less hydrated on a Saturday morning and hence get a favourable result on the scales??
29 Jan 2014, 17:21
ceelynn wrote: ...I'm noticing that I lose more the morning after a non-fast day than I do the morning after a fast-day. As long as it comes off, its fine with me, but is there any logical explanation for this?

I found this too. I think it must have something to do with water retention but I don't know why!
29 Jan 2014, 19:19
With weighing daily, do you find your weight goes up and down about 1-2 ib before it stays down 1 lb? But, no, I haven't found I've put on weight after a fast...yet!
29 Jan 2014, 21:27
Hey, I resemble that geeky comment! :-)

A quick scan of my ~9 months of twice-daily weighings show weight loss over night every day except for maybe 3-4 instances.

And again with few exceptions, always more weight lost the day after a fast than the day before.
29 Jan 2014, 21:41
It's not a rule but very often I lose even more weight day after a fast. It also has happened to me that I have lost very little or nothing after a fast day. It usually happens when I have carbs (and protein) for my fast meal, so it must be water retention.
30 Jan 2014, 12:58
nursebean wrote: With weighing daily, do you find your weight goes up and down about 1-2 ib before it stays down 1 lb?

I haven't found this to be the case. But as I'm learning, we're all so different when it comes to this kind of stuff!
30 Jan 2014, 13:02
nursebean wrote: With weighing daily, do you find your weight goes up and down about 1-2 ib before it stays down 1 lb?

Mine does that sometimes or just stays the same for a while before going down. I agree we're all different! :heart:
30 Jan 2014, 19:48
When I did 5:2 last year, I always weighed less the morning after a fast day. Since starting EOD/ADF last Wednesday, twice I've observed that I weigh less the day after my feast day. I was thinking it was strange but at least I now know I'm not alone!
12 posts Page 1 of 1