The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
First Fast Day
03 Feb 2014, 16:38
Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself. Today is my first fast day. I have A LOT of weight to lose. I would be happy if I lost 100lbs but I am sure my doctor would be happier if I lost 140lbs. I have done weight watchers before and it worked, but once I stopped journalling it all came back. That is what I like about this diet. I just have to plan my fast days and that is it. Has anyone here lost 100lbs or more on this diet?
Re: First Fast Day
03 Feb 2014, 17:04
Welcome to the forum mmkc2222! Yes, @chickvic has lost over 100 lbs and @Manderley and @carorees and several others have lost well over 50 lbs. One thing about this WoE (way of eating) that is so fantastic, is that it doesn't end. You will always have the option to throw in a fast day if you start to gain a little. Stick with the forum as the support and information is fantastic for helping me stay on track. Browse around, ask questions and join in. :)
03 Feb 2014, 17:05
:heart: Hi @mmkc2222 And Welcome :heart:
We do have a few big losers on this forum @carorees @Chickvic And @Manderley @Chris P AndTo name but a few also a few WIP like me :heart: @Julieathome We're still in progress but are determined to get there.
For me I'm 50lbs down and yes 50lbs to go probably should be more but I know I'll be very happy with that loss, I've been doing 4:3 for most of my 9 months and am only now struggling + resting+ refeeding my body for this week just to kickstart my weightloss once more there is no better way to lose the weight than this amazing WOL
03 Feb 2014, 17:07
Hello there @mmkc2222! 5:2 really does work so welcome and good luck to you. :heart:
03 Feb 2014, 17:09
Hi mmkc, bunch up and I'll come sit beside you, I need to shift around 100lbs too.

I just joined here today and I think I'm going to make it my second home. I wish you loads of luck on your journey.
03 Feb 2014, 19:12
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. :)
03 Feb 2014, 19:41
Yes it can be done! My weight loss was quicker than expected and you can look at my tracker to see how it was done. I think the other thing that really helped was exercise, I started walking on the treadmill then took up the C25K still on the treadmill. I now run 5k 6 days a week (am pushing for 6k now) and run outside. Good luck with your weight loss :clover:
03 Feb 2014, 20:22
Hiya mmkc, Welcome. I am in the same boat as you with a lot of weight to lose.
I only joined last week so will be here for the long haul. Good luck to you in your journey :)
03 Feb 2014, 21:02
Hi there, I'm on 45lb loss and looking to lose 140lb in total. I started at 281lb or 20 stone 1lb. Basically half of me isn't married to my hubby.

The support and knowledge base on this forum is stupendous. I have had a major plateau, they WILL happen. But the support and knowledge on here has helped me to stick with it, idling on slow for now until my body sorts itself out. Eventually I will start losing again. Even when you plateau it is so easy to just keep on fasting that you may not be losing weight, but your body fat to muscle ratio mat be improving, or your inches, or in my case my blood pressure. Its all improved whilst I've been plateaued.

The biggest 2 bits of advice are : Log in regularly, especially if you are finding it difficult. The second is to get out the tape measure now and measure everywhere. Your neck, biceps, wrists, chest and boobs, waist, hips, thighs calves and even keep an eye on the size of your feet. Concerning feet, it took 2 months of 5:2 but I lost all of my puffy ankles and lower legs. I am now a half size smaller in foot size to (new shoes needed).

Sustainability is the key for us big losers. We have to be able to stick with the diet for what may be years, its where 5:2 really comes into its own. I can be very good for 2 days of the week.
04 Feb 2014, 16:22
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the replies. My first fast day really wasn't that bad. I was definitely hungry but just kept drinking tea and focusing on the fact that I could go back to "normal" tomorrow.
10 posts Page 1 of 1