The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

25 posts Page 1 of 2
We have the sassy seniors, but this is the light relief for all those grandparents when, although you love the little darlings, you hand them back... ahhhhh....and breathe...

Ideas of what to do with them (nothing too drastic here)
What you've done with them (again, nothing unlawful, please!)
Things they've said that have made you laugh (and they do!)
How many miles you ran after them, what they ate - and you didn't
And what you drank as you sank back on the sofa in a peaceful house!

It may be a tent short on members, but probably long in experiences!
Here's to grandparents, eh? Never thought I'd own up to being one, but I'm a fully signed up member now.
Ohhhh so THIS is what you meant saying you had an idea !
I would love to be a fully paid up fully fledged Grandma
Or MooMoo as i will be called should it happen...as i am known as Moomin not Mum to my DD x!
Great idea for a new tent @PennyForthem! :like:
My two grandsons, James aged 5 and Joseph 17 months provide us with endless pleasure and laughs, even if they do exhaust us at times! :grin:
If it's fine we usually take them to the park to feed the ducks, go on the playground or take a ball to kick around, anything to tire the little darlings out! On wet days we have a trunk of books, toys, jigsaws and games or we do drawing/colouring/ plasticine/ baking.
I am Welsh Nain, or actually 'Niney' as in nine-ee. Welsh for grandfather is taid as in tide.
I want to take them to the Blue Planet at Cheshire Oaks soon. He will love it at 2 and a half. She, at 10 months, will sleep!!
Well yes, one minute you're having your own wonderful children, watching them grow and learn and experiment with life, then suddenly it seemed to me, there are new little wonders popping up all over the place. How did that happen?
From two sons and two stepchildren I now have three grandsons and seven step grandchildren, all gorgeous and equally loved.
They range from two to fourteen, all meet up from time to time so know they are a clan of mine.
The latest comment from two brothers was,
"He's a nice man."
"He's a very nice man."
About a car park attendant, who wished us a happy day!
My son and DIL have taken the boys there but it was very expensive and they thought it a ripoff to be honest Penny unless you can find a good discount voucher?
Want to take Dex while still under the free height! Probably will have to pay next year! As a family, they are members of Chester Zoo, so I can't take them there for a new experience.
Penny and cally..have you heard of Underwater World at the Pier Head Lpool
A discovery centre for children..from tinies upwards i think..dont know much about it or if its expensive,but all the details here...
www.underwaterstreet.com/
Thanks CM, definitely worth a look!x
Penny i know about Nains and Taids thru a good friend of mine..i think it sounds lovely x
Our Italian grandchildren enjoyed the Blue Planet and their mother M&S. It was relatively expensive -but I didn't feel it was a rip off. Most places tend to be pricy nowadays
Eyelids closing now after a morning at the park with littlies.
Zipwire, swings and climbing frame, hub enjoyed them all!
I'm imagining this grandparent tent looking just like a big top at a three ring circus. lol!

My greatest blessings in life call me Nana. I have six grand kids, ages 9 - 2 yrs. March is going to be birthday month for four of them. So of course next month, I'm planning to be celebrating every weekend at one of their birthday parties by splurging on sweets.

Thank heaven for my saving grace, of at least a couple FastDays during the week to help me be a SlimNana!

Looking forward to stopping by again soon, and getting to know you all better along our fasting journey. ~ Ann
I'm 'Grandma' to my two but will answer to anything from the youngest one (17 months)!
I am granny to 10 grandchildren. The eldest 20 and at Uni so good to go out for a meal with and drink beer. The rest are from 10 years to 9 months we go to the beach, science centre, sea life , wild life parks, play parks, art galleries, museums and picture houses (cinemas) also to Pizza Hut, McDonald's and cafés. My husband plays monsters with them which involves him stomping around the house threatening to eat them while they run around screaming and throwing soft toys (magic bombs) at him. Boring old me plays board games, crafts and bakes with them. they have had us laughing till the tears run down our cheeks but the stories are too long in the telling. As I read on a car sticker once, IF I'd KNOWN GRANDCHILDREN WERE SO MUCH FUN I WOULD HAVE STARTED WITH THEM, I think the supply has dried up if I had my way I would have another 10.
25 posts Page 1 of 2