The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Had a not so good week last week, calorie wise. I don't count so no idea how much I consumed, but I was convinced the scales were not going to like me this morning.

On Sunday we ate out at a Turkish restaurant, I couldn't eat it all so we took it home and had leftoveres the following day.(Pretty sure prior to 5:2 this would not have happened.)

On Monday had a blueberry muffin at work for breakfast (I never buy these as I try to not buy stuff that I can make myself - it works as I then don't have time to make it anyway) - took them in to cheer my teacher up - didn't work - then found out we were getting the dreaded Ofsted in on Tuesday - at this point I decided that this was not going to be a good week.

Monday after work I was eating Nutella out of the jar. :razz: I also had some dairy milk :doh:

Tuesday fast went well until I got home from work, felt exhausted, so we got a kebab :shock: but... but.. mine was a small one...

Wednesday myself and teacher polished off the remaining blueberry muffins. In the evening myself and Hubster were scoffing Belgian chocs(hubster brought back from stag do), homemade caramel popcorn and maltesers leftover from the weekend (leftovers from weekend? No such thing prior to 5:2).

On Friday it was someone's birthday, so I had a piece of carrot cake and a very small sliver of cream and jam sponge. Oh and two different biccies, neither of which were worth the calories. I'm sure there were other things I'm forgetting - possibly a creme egg....

So I weighed this morning thinking the best I could hope for was a maintain and I've somehow manged to lose .75 lbs. Maybe it's because I didn't indulge as much as I would have previously, maybe it's because I know when to stop better now and maybe it's because I know that one bad week doesn't mean I've ruined my entire life but I LOVE this chuffin' non diet.

Seriously if you're reading this forum and tinkering with the idea of starting 5:2, stop wasting time and do yourself a massive favour and get started. If I'd started a year earlier, when I first heard about it, I'd have reached target by now.
I asked that very same question roughly 11months ago
@egregious Had never heard of this WOL this time last year and with no time to waste let's get on with the job. :shock:
Well done on your start and your result this week was amazing yes its very forgiving but go with caution this next week because I find for myself I have to face payback at some stage
keep up the good work. :heart: Sue

:shock: you see now I fancy a cream egg!!! :shock: only one
Nooooooo please don't mention Creme eggs :shock: :shock:

Bean :starving:
I have to say that this is the most success I've had in a long time on a diet. But, 12 years ago when I did WW for the first time, I did lose 47 lbs. Granted I gradually gained it all back, however, I do feel that WW helped me learn how to eat better and gave me a better understanding of just how bad certain foods are, etc. And because of that I'm finding it very easy to stay in within my TDEE on non-fast days. Had I not had that experience, I might have started this and fasted but still eaten terribly on my non-fast days!

So, everything has a reason!
Sorry guys, lets not mention the C word again... :shock:

Sue: yeah I have no intention of doing that every week and I deffo wasn't advocating eating muffins and garbage for fun, but I basically put it down to being an incredibly stressful week, what with work and everything, although I thought I was ok, when I got home I was totally done in. Next week I'll be back on track, honest :)

cblasz: I'd never tried WW or SW as I knew I would be useless. I always used to tell myself that I'd exercise to lose the weight, but never did, at least not for more than a couple of months. I eat healthily most of the time anyway, but chocolate and the like is always my downfall. I'm finding with 5:2 that it's easier to say no or limit myself. Well most weeks anyway :bugeyes:
5 posts Page 1 of 1