The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
did my first two fasting days
02 May 2014, 11:34
hi! i did my first two fasting and it was interesting! my first fast i didnt realize that i personally need to plan my big amount of calories for my supper. i was a bit hungry!!!! lol yesterday was my second fast and i figured things out better. but i was frozen all day!!! spring temperatures havent arrived here yet and we still have a bit of snow in the woods but i was frozen!!! i drank a lot of herbal tea!! this fasting isnt so hard cause you can do anything for one day!! i am overweight...not sure i can bear to tell my weight anywhere yet... but i hope to have more energy and feel better about my body. only my husband and kids and a very good friend - who is also doing this! - know that i am doing this. its just easier that no one else knows for my own sanity! lol sunday is my weigh in - cant wait!!!
Welcome to the forum Andrea!

Yes, I do tend to get chilly on fast days. I find that chicken bouillon/broth is a great warming drink and it's only 10 calories per cup.

You must be pretty far north to still have snow in the woods! I'm in upstate NY, not far from Canada, and we're thawed out :-)
Welcome to the forum andreamcd! Well done on getting through your first fasts, freezing is quite common, especially in the beginning, tea or a cup of bouillon is helpful to warm up and put on a few more layers of clothing. ;) :)
Welcome @andreamcd you have come tot he right place for help, support and fun! If you haven;t already fillin the Tracker details (which you can keep private) and measure everywhere as often even if the scales don;t show a loss the tape measure does! Strange but true and has helped keep many of us on track. Good Luck iwth your weigh in.

Oh, and fast days can be on the chilly side for your body - so don;t forget your vest :grin: - and plenty of hot drinks.
thanks for the info about being so cold!!! i was telling myself that i was burning more calories cause my body was using so much energy trying to heat me up! lol
Welcome andrea,nice to meet you! X
image.jpg
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Snap! I joined this week and have done 2 fasts so far Wednesday and Friday. I also had colder feet than normal but I guess thats because our bodies are concentrating on getting blood to our inner vital organs at the expense of our extremities. My next fasts are planned for Monday and Wednesday next week. I will probably do my first weigh in on Tuesday. Good luck with your journey.
7 posts Page 1 of 1