The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Missed period...
19 May 2014, 14:50
Hi all -

Perhaps a little personal as I'm new but I am (understandably) concerned and thought it might be worth asking on here to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I'm 6-7 days late for my period. I haven't yet taken a test - only because I have been feeling as though my period is imminent with cramps/PMT etc. I started the 5:2 diet around three weeks ago.. Could this be a possible side effect? I have a long-term boyfriend and we always use protection so I find the idea of pregnancy both unlikely and terrifying :bugeyes:

Sorry if this is TMI on a dieting/fasting forum but this is the only aspect of my lifestyle that has changed and is the only thing I can put this down to. I will of course have to take a test if nothing changes soon but wanted opinions and thoughts if possible? Thanks guys xxx
Re: Missed period...
19 May 2014, 14:52
Just realised I posted about nausea a few days ago .. Oh dear(!!!!)
19 May 2014, 14:56
Oh dear indeed....keep us posted

Ballerina x :heart:
19 May 2014, 14:57
I think it is highly unlikely the fasting is responsible for the late period. Only severe, prolonged calorie restriction (anorexia, starvation) do that. ? time to take a test? :crossed:
19 May 2014, 14:57
Havging a low BMI might indicate otherwise, especially if you were a bit-agressive with fasting...

You might place some oyster or saltine crackers next to your bed and nibble on them immediately upon waking in the morning. If you feel better then...well, its not likely to be fasting.

HTH
19 May 2014, 15:03
I have fasted a long time - never affected my cycle. Just found out I'm 2 weeks pregnant ( not even late yet but had so many symptoms I tested to rule it out) - imagine my shock. 7 days late - get a clear blue early test - it will set you right! Good luck and I hope you get the answer you're looking for
19 May 2014, 15:28
If it isn't pregnancy I would suggest seeing your GP to rule out anything else. Good luck.
19 May 2014, 17:02
Good luck!! I've had that happen to me before - turns out worrying about a late period can make it continue to be late :-(
19 May 2014, 17:07
oh is there something in the water??? Hope it turns out how you want it to. Get a test done, even if just to rule it out.
19 May 2014, 17:26
Yes take a test l ike others have said,specially with having nausea too..but@ADFnFuel makes a good point about yr BMI.
Years ago when very thin,my periods stopped coz i was eating next to nothing..resumed once i ate more. X
20 May 2014, 08:21
Thank you for the replies all - will be taking a test later this evening. Very nervous!! Will keep this thread updated xxx
20 May 2014, 10:17
@hannahcolledge The best time to take a test is in the morning hun, you can get a false negative result in the evening. I think it probably says this on the test somewhere. Good luck :)
20 May 2014, 10:19
Good luck hannah x
20 May 2014, 12:50
Mine has been later a few times ago, and lighter, but not 6-7 days. Worrying about it doesn't help so yes, you'd better do the test.
20 May 2014, 13:02
Ah thank you @justdee, I'll take it in the morning instead in that case. Just eaten a few slices of Domino's pizza that was bought into work too - but I blame my moment of weakness on the worry!!! xxx
20 posts Page 1 of 2