The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

50 posts Page 1 of 4
The "Really Rather Happy!" Tent
07 Jul 2014, 21:54
Hello friends and welcome!

Now that Dolly has finished singing....I thought I'd do a spot of recycling & put one of the abandoned tents to good use....so I've had a good look round and chosen the biggest one I could.....Well, we're going to need all that room because I'm expecting many visitors!

I don't know about you, but I have certainly found that a wonderful side effect of the 5:2 WOL has been my soaring mood! Once the weight started to come off, a spot of self-belief kicked in...and all of a sudden, I found myself finding life pretty amusing (for a change, as it happens).

I'm sure it can't just be me. Soooo, here is our very own Happy Tent! Come along & share what has made you happy this week. It could be an event, a comment you have received, or just a feeling you have that you would like to share with the rest of us........

I look forward to welcoming you soon!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Oh @Hazelnut20 thank you so much for raising a happy tent for us. I've enjoyed 6 months of happiness so far, I'm on the cusp of maintaining ....... and like you feel this has moved me towards an overwhelmingly positive way of being/life. Welcome to the RRH tent everyone. I'll be back soon to share more. :smile:
I'm going on holibags soon and I'll be wearing a bikini :grin: :cool: :shock: .
Wow! Ok, that's on my happy list for this summer - how ever I splash it!
Thank you @Hazelnut20 this tent is a very good idea.

Happy happy happy happy. I am still maintaining the bulk of my weight loss and my health is much better. I feel good in myself and have much more energy. More mindful about what I eat while I can still eat with less guilt as I have the tool and I do redress any small drifts in the scales.

I am so grateful and that makes me happy too :like: as to a bikini well I had not even thought that far. You are giving me ideas @wildmissus but I don't think the world is ready for me to do that yet :lol: go you though congratulations
I feel happy that i am coming to the conclusion that this weight suits me. I think i'm starting to realise that my original goal was a bit optomistic and i don't think i could maintain it for very long. I'm only talking 4 or 5 pounds but i feel pretty good at this weight.
I seem to have maintained now for a good few weeks despite birthday treats and actually lost a pound last week. It sort of makes me feel free if that makes sense.
This week I got to goal weight. What I love about it is how comfortable I feel in my smaller body. Before I discovered fasting I was getting despondent about the aches and twinges I was getting in my knees even walking down my own stairs, and the start of stiffness in my knuckles - visions of those arthritic claws. After my weigh-in I went for a 17 mile walk, accomplished at around 2.5 miles per hour. Absolutely no aches or stiffness either yesterday or this morning. Fasting - prolongs active life.
Way to go girls!

Wow @Lizbean - thrilled to hear about the overwhelmingly positive feelings you are experiencing as a result of 5:2! Am right there with you....and if I were in charge of the world, I would prescribe 5:2 to everyone!! :smile: As it is, I try to spread the word wherever I go....& to whoever will listen.....

A bikini? Well isn't that just the stuff of dreams! Am so pleased for you @wildmissus! Enjoy your holibags & we will look forward to hearing how they went & how you felt in your bikini - I'm betting "a million dollars" will sum it up!

So relate to your post @gillymary - it's fantastic to be brimming with energy these days, isn't it? Before 5:2 my eating was mindless & out of control, so I am totally loving the concept of mindfulness too. Who would have believed that taking control of your eating would also lead to such an abundance of feel-good feelings? This is something that fascinates me....because it's all about attitude & outlook. Fundamentally, my life problems haven't changed or gone away, but my outlook so has! Some days I am almost hyper....and have to reign myself in a bit in case I am too OTT - now fancy that!! To be at ease with yourself is such a wonderful gift.....

I had completely forgotten about how much easier it is to move around now that I have shed some significant weight - but you are so right @barbarita. I reckon I had reached the absolute limit for my poor knees to carry around. I could barely bend because of my huge stomach and if I needed anything from a base cupboard in the kitchen, I would have to kneel down to get it.....but then had huge trouble hauling myself back up. I shudder now to think of the state I allowed myself to get in.....must remember to count my blessings every day as I move around so easily now!

Though I am nowhere near maintenance yet, I can already totally understand what you mean @Janpartly about feeling "free". Wrestling back control when you have spent so many years out of control, is an amazing feeling! Running out of the door in the morning, having had no breakfast (whether fasting or doing 16:8) and not having to even think about food, is so "freeing", isn't it? It's also priceless......

Thanks everyone for sharing. Have a happy day now! Xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Lovely to get your reply @Hazelnut20 just at the end of a fasting day. Dished up a lovely meal to DH while I tuck into equally yummy soup. OMG still in love with roasted garlic and cauliflower soup from this forum. Making room for a hot chocolate night drink. Virtually minimal food has passed my lips today. My brain is still working. It is all rather fascinating.

While I happen across fellow 5:2 fasters I find most people aren't really open to doing fasting themselves or they seem to be waiting for my inevitable weight gain. Sad really I would be evangelical but find now I sew the seed and move on.
Well done @barbaritaon reaching your goal. You deserve it enjoy the benefits you have earned :like:
Thank you kindly @nessie. How is the running going? Any more 5ks on the horizon?
@barbarita hope you're going to post about reaching goal in your own thread!
I will be a frequent visitor to this tent. Not because I've got to goal yet but I love to celebrate, even the smaller things like.
No aches and pains, bikini wearing, happy graduation photos, the lot.
Keep up the good work all.
Yay a lovely happy tent. I was really happy yesterday did 25 minutes of jogging without stopping once. I reckon you could see my smile from space when I finished!
Yes@barbarita I am booked in for a 5k run called a colour run. You wear a white t shirt and have to run through stations where you get paint thrown at you, it should be fun. Only problem is I will be doing it on my own as daughter in law can't manage it. I'm sure I'll be o.k on the day. In fact in fitting with this thread I am really happy that I have started running 5ks at my age.
50 posts Page 1 of 4