The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! New to the forums!
08 Aug 2014, 18:51
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Lucy & I am coming to the end of my 17th day (a fast day) on the 5:2 diet. I'm from the UK, in my late twenties, and work as a medic (though shamefully do not know much about the science behind the 5:2 lifestyle, something I hope to read up on over the next month or so!).

I am 5ft 5. Starting weight 140lbs Current weight 132 lbs. I would like to lose around 7-10 more lbs but will ultimately settle for my body's 'happy' weight if it decides to stop earlier.

I calorie restrict to 500 cals on my fast days (for dinner) & do not calorie count on my non-fast days but am trying to 'clean up' my diet a little (to follow a more paleo/unprocessed lifestyle)

I have previously been a yo-yo dieter but finally turned to the 5:2 diet as a way to maintain my weight & health with ease. Plus I'm a foodie at heart so can't bear long-term deprivation! Admittedly I'm within the normal BMI range though I have a bit of 'vanity' weight (I have put on through junk food/inactivity secondary to injury) which I would like to lose. I am so far 8lbs down (you can see progress pics in the 'Before & After' section of the forum or on my blog http://thefastingdoctor.wordpress.com )

I am also a keen chef so hope to share some recipes with you guys!

That's about it really :) Any questions, just ask!
Re: Hello! New to the forums!
08 Aug 2014, 20:06
Hi, and welcome! I found this site when I was trying to research the science behind 5:2, so I think you'll find the 5:2 lab on the forum really interesting.

Oh, and I can never get enough new ideas for meals - that recipe you posted sound YUM!

So keep up the great work, and may the fast be with you!
08 Aug 2014, 20:40
Thank you PeonyBlue! I look forward to reading the 5:2 lab !
08 Aug 2014, 20:56
Hi and welcome, you seem to be doing great so you need no advice from me so I'll just say, keep up the good work and keep posting as we all love to se how others are faring. Hope you enjoy being part of our family

Ballerina x :heart:
08 Aug 2014, 21:12
Hi and welcome!
You're doing really well and you can see the difference in the photos...
08 Aug 2014, 21:20
Hi Lucy, just enjoyed reading your blog and your latest meal tuna and cauliflower rice, it looks tasty. You look like you are off to a flying start as Ballerina mentioned. Welcome and agree the science lab will fascinate you. I am a bullet coffee fan, it really dampens your cravings for hours and tastes nice. Best of luck
09 Aug 2014, 06:41
Hello there. Great introduction and a fabulous blog. We are all foodies here, with many discovering how to prepare even more good wholesome food.
Look forward to seeing you on the fasting today thread.
09 Aug 2014, 08:13
Welcome Lucy! This is such a wonderful WOE and I believe in it now as much as I did 16 months ago. I wish you all the best on your journey and I really enjoyed reading your blog.
Xxx julianna
09 Aug 2014, 10:33
Nice to meet you Lucy! Enjoy yr time here,its fun and facts all the way x
09 Aug 2014, 14:55
Hi and welcome. I thought I'd posted my welcome here already as I posted on your blog too about bulletproof! I must be getting old. Here is what mine looks like:

10 Aug 2014, 20:18
Thank you Ballerina, Annurca, gillymary, Caroline, julianna, CandiceMarie & rawkaren - such a warm welcome!

Glad to hear there are many foodies on the board :) Also gillymary & rawkaren - I am LOVING the bulletproof coffees at the moment!
10 Aug 2014, 22:05
Hi Lucy - so glad you have joined us on this fascinating journey - a warm welcome to you. Enjoy x
11 Aug 2014, 21:21
Thank you Lizbean! I hope to learn a lot from the forums :) x
13 posts Page 1 of 1