The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

11 posts Page 1 of 1
hi thank u so much. im in day 3 of my choosen 16:8 plan.i will NEVER diet again. did about 1 month last year then broke because of felt social pressure on trip. going to take better care of myself this time. need to lose 120 pounds slow but sure!! i am a nurse and diets do NOT work, had given up but found this site again :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Welcome and what a great name! Good luck on yr 16:8 journey..youve come to the right place for friendship & support! X
Welcome to the forum and :clover: :clover: :clover:
Hello there and welcome form me too.
Let's hope that this time proves to be the one. Good luck, use the progress tracker, keep it simple, and come back to tell us how you're getting on.
Song of the Bride wrote: im in day 3 of my choosen 16:8 plan.i will NEVER diet again. did about 1 month last year then broke because of felt social pressure on trip.

Hello @Song of the Bride and well done for finding your way back to a method of IF that you know to suit you so well.

Take a good poke around the threads and tents that might interest you as they may provide amusement or food for thought for ideas that might suit you now or in the future. If you have any questions, do speak up as there's a good body of experienced fasters here who may well be able to answer your question or to sign-post you somewhere useful.

:clover:
I am 16:8 too with low carb, below 100g a day, though below 75g makes for certain weight loss. Look to lose around 2lbs a week initially, no rush is there :0)
Good luck :like: :clover:
Very best wishes to you! You sound motivated, and will find lots of info and support here. There are quite a number who follow 16:8, there is an eating windows tent if you are interested. Ballerina is well experienced in 16:8, but there are now many others who find this works well for them. Good luck and keep us posted. :D
Hello everyone im back. completed 24 hr. fast day tonight!!! 2014-2015 was a rough year with death in my family. could not fast, but im eating clean food now days and decided i wanted to fast again!!! so here goes. gonna do one day a week for now
Welcome back, @Song of the Bride. We've had a number of returnees since the new year so you're not alone! Starting with one fast a week sounds sensible. Does that mean that you are only doing 16:8 one day a week? If, so it won't impact much on your weight loss. Maybe you meant that you are doing 16:8 every day, except for one 'proper' fast day with greatly restricted calories? That would, of course, have a much greater impact.
Anyway, whatever you are doing must be better than overeating on rubbish food, so just keep on keeping on! :smile:
StowgateResident wrote: Welcome back, @Song of the Bride. We've had a number of returnees since the new year so you're not alone! Starting with one fast a week sounds sensible. Does that mean that you are only doing 16:8 one day a week? If, so it won't impact much on your weight loss. Maybe you meant that you are doing 16:8 every day, except for one 'proper' fast day with greatly restricted calories? That would, of course, have a much greater impact.
Anyway, whatever you are doing must be better than overeating on rubbish food, so just keep on keeping on! :smile:

hi im no longer doing 16:8, just fasting 24 hrs from tuesday 8pm till 8pm Wednesday and on other days eating as clean as possible
good to be here again
11 posts Page 1 of 1