The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Help! Feeling terrible today!
19 Nov 2014, 09:52
Been quite easy on fast days since I started again, today I feel weak (in mind and body), head hurts, feel sick, a bit dizzy - and it's not even 10am! Just want to cry.
Sorry just had to vent.
Stick with it @swedey, but perhaps have a mug of soup.
would coffee help?
Thanks both! Have just put my make up on and will go in to the office (was working from home this morning), looking forward to a cup of miso soup! Onwards and upwards, it's only a day.... :-)
That's right. There's tomorrow. But make sure you do drink and miso soup will really help. Also coffee; And I have just discovered cottage cheese. Low calories and protein rich. Distract. Keep busy and keep out of the kitchen. This too will pass.
I sometimes have terrible migraines of fast days and what really help, in my case, is a cup of coffee or tea. These days I drink plenty, about 3l of water, coffee, tea, anything. Never tried the miso soup but it can be worth it.

And when you feel overwhelm take a deep breath, try to relax and keep in mind that, even if you break your fast too early in the day, it's all good. You may have a 800 cal day, it's not a fast per say but it's a good day :grin:
I have days like that. It could be a lack of vitamins or iron, I take a Berocca or something like that in a very big glass of water (about 1 calorie!) . Drink plenty, distract yourself and keep busy if possible but don't give up - power through it. If it is ANY consolation in my experience I get days like this before a weight loss!
Stick with it.
Oxo, Boullion or cuppa soup will help. I'm having one in a while.
Good luck.
Oh how about a sugar free sweet.
Hi Swedey,hope you 're feeling better as the day's gone on x nearly there now X!
I drink LOTs of fizzy water .... ... always. Interestingly I never crave salt, miso, soup etc - not sure why we are so different but there we go, it's all about finding our balance. x
10 posts Page 1 of 1