The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Why I am in this for life
24 Nov 2014, 20:13
There have been several returners recently all , I think , with tales of weight regained. This is my Libra trend weight for the last few months. You will see that it is only 2lbs less now than it was at the end of June - that is 2lbs loss in 5 months! You will also see that there are 4 little upward peaks on the line - these correspond to 3 one week holidays and 1 long weekend break that I have taken over the summer. If I had decided to take the summer off fasting and not gone straight back on plan each time I could easily ended up half a stone ( 7lb) or more heavier rather than 2 lbs lighter. This shows how easy it is for the weight to creep back on and reinforces that for me this plan needs to be for life
Libra_2014-11-22 (Custom).png
Libra_2014-11-22 (Custom).png (34.35 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Re: Why I am in this for life
24 Nov 2014, 20:17
Thats a very valid point Lil that i think too often we dont bear in mind...
Its not just about the weight we lose,its the weight we have managed not to gain that matters too x
24 Nov 2014, 23:56
Excellent point!! I will not knock any weight lost and I consider maintenance to be a real achievement worthy of praise.

:-)
25 Nov 2014, 00:46
Yes. I have heard that you put on a kilo every year after menopause. So any year you don't put on a kilo is a triumph. Losing a kilo is really something and losing 13 kilos in 18 months, as I have done on 5:2 is Absolutely Fabulous!
25 Nov 2014, 02:25
Thanks for sharing that Lil - a great reminder to us all, and good info for those starting this way of life. Best wishes as you head for goal - not far to go! :)
25 Nov 2014, 12:24
@Lil that is such a brilliant point. Thank you so much for sharing that! I wish I could say I followed your path but sadly I took the alternate route (ie staying in holiday mode :wink: ) and consequently have put on a stone. I'd take the 2lbs loss in 5 months over that any day!
Bean :bugeyes:
25 Nov 2014, 21:35
This is such an important point. Every pound not gained is a victory.
26 Nov 2014, 12:46
I would just like to reiterate how important I think it is to keep filling in some sort of tracker. I keep finding when reading posts from people who have regained or are returning that when I go to look at their trackers they are either not public - and that is your choice - or haven't been filled in since things started going wrong. I think that filling in your tracker and preferably letting others see it makes what is happening 'real' so you can't bury your head in the sand and pretend it is not happening
26 Nov 2014, 13:10
Lil wrote: I would just like to reiterate how important I think it is to keep filling in some sort of tracker. I keep finding when reading posts from people who have regained or are returning that when I go to look at their trackers they are either not public - and that is your choice - or haven't been filled in since things started going wrong. I think that filling in your tracker and preferably letting others see it makes what is happening 'real' so you can't bury your head in the sand and pretend it is not happening

Here here.
I often refer people to my tracker so that they can see that its not all plain sailing.
And yes how do you know how many cals to eat if you're not using the tracker.
9 posts Page 1 of 1