The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
The half assed fast
01 Dec 2014, 16:04
Oh god - December! I've been doing 5:2 on and off for almost a year but have never faced the 'December challenge'.
My aim this month is to maintain my current weight - I always, always put on weight in December so this will be an achievement in itself. I plan to continue my usual 5:2 but for dinner I may just need to eat 'normally' eg. if I'm at a Christmas party. I certainly don't plan to forego pudding at all. Although I'm doing 'Dry December' - no alcohol at all, which will help!
Anyone else doing the 'half assed fast' this month?
Jill
Re: The half assed fast
01 Dec 2014, 16:21
I've started fasting from 6pm to 10am to get my 16 hours in.
Keeping busy keeps the calories out of my mouth too :0)
01 Dec 2014, 17:44
Ripley,doing the half assed fast for a lot of this year has led me to have an ass twice the size it was when i fasted diligently last year! :lol:
However,i think it's a great idea to have a plan in mind for xmas...preparation is everything and it IS december after all,the party season and celebrations abounding! so be watchful but factor in those treats just like you said X :like:
I wd deffo do the same if i'd had a better year sizewise...as it is,ive just regained some sanity (after months and months of intermittent madness alongside intermittent fasting at times) and climbed back on my poor longsuffering horse,clip clop clip clop..he used to go clippety clop clippety clop but he's lost heart!
01 Dec 2014, 17:52
Sounds as though it's all working well for you Candy! :wink:
CHRISTMAS is always a nightmare as far as fasting is concerned so I think half-assessed is better than full fasting failure so I wish you luck @ripley. Hmm Ripley? Are you an Alien fan by any chance?!
When you think of it Christmas is only two days...so why do we go so crazy?
Bean :starving:
01 Dec 2014, 18:14
I just struggle so much at this time of year even without Christmas - seasonal affective disorder, carb cravings etc. I have 5 work Christmas parties to go to - 5! Ridiculous. So all of it combined is a recipe for disaster.
In the past I've 'given in' and thought 'I'll address it in January' but I really don't want to do that this year. January is grim enough! So a bit of damage limitation is hopefully the way to go.
And yes I am an Alien fan! Ripley wouldn't let this festive rubbish beat her, so neither shall I. Haha.
01 Dec 2014, 23:30
Well readers I have managed to achieve the 'no-assed' fasting over the last 2 weeks - the 7:0 - 4 weeks in and I have left the 5:2 road much to my regret - hoping to get back into it this week - blows my mind that I find such a simple and effective concept so difficult to maintain - baaahumbug!!!!!!!
02 Dec 2014, 08:25
Being English I tend to go for a half arsed fast, better rhyming I think!!
I have been doing them as I find long days not conducive to successful fasting, but I think any calorie control over the silly season is a plus!
02 Dec 2014, 08:46
Good luck on your new road @wilson :wink:
8 posts Page 1 of 1