The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

21 posts Page 1 of 2
New weight scales?
11 Dec 2014, 11:19
I have just damaged my Salter weight scales & thinking some new ones would make a good Christmas present!
Can anyone recommend ones they have found to be good that also show fat percentages?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you & Merry Christmas!
Re: New weight scales?
11 Dec 2014, 12:42
I can't help you there Isis but just wanted to say Hi,nice to see you x and a Merry Crimbo to you & yours x
11 Dec 2014, 13:16
I believe that the withings ones are the best they sync with your computer. But I have some cheapish salter ones which also do fat percentage.
11 Dec 2014, 13:19
I have some Ozeri ones that do a fat %. I chose them because they have an option for stones and pounds which not all of them have.
11 Dec 2014, 13:21
I'm very happy with my Salter ones from Amazon, which are much much cheaper than the Withings ones!
11 Dec 2014, 16:29
I absolutely adore my Withings scales! They log everything directly to all my devices - weight, body fat, heart rate, they even track the temperature and air quality in your home for you constantly and feed that back to your devices. They even find out the weather forecast via wifi and tell you if it's going to rain! I find them really accurate wherever I move them to and they come with special feet for if you want to use them on a carpeted floor. They look pretty damn sexy too ;) I use mine alongside my Withings Pulse which tracks my activity (steps, distance, elevation, running), heart rate, O2 saturation, and sleep quality. This year I was tempted to ask for their blood pressure monitor or their baby scales (for the cats!) for Christmas, but I think the scales & pulse track enough really.
11 Dec 2014, 19:13
Gosh @Moogie - you've sold me the Withings! Now willing my cheapo ones to give up the ghost so I have an excuse to upgrade!
11 Dec 2014, 21:02
We love our Fitbit scale, that syncs with our computer and our fitbit apps :-) I think it's called Aria
11 Dec 2014, 21:43
Thank you for all your helpful posts! I will do some research :grin:
11 Dec 2014, 21:44
I love my Withings too so everything that Moogie said apart from needing to weigh the cat. :wink: :grin:
29 Dec 2014, 09:51
Father Christmas brought me a new Tanita scale & I have for the first time measured my body fat which was a bit of a shock so back to routine & getting rid of my post Christmas weight gain.
I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas!
29 Dec 2014, 10:14
Isn't it amazing how Father Christmas just knew you needed new scales! :shock:
I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with them @Isis
Bean :bugeyes:
29 Dec 2014, 10:20
Blimey, I've just had a look at Withings scales. They're expensive aren't they!! :shock:
Think I might try the Omron ones. Are they any good @Wildmissus?
Bean :confused:
29 Dec 2014, 16:27
@nursebean, the Omron scales aren't behaving themselves at the moment - every time I get on them the number goes up!!! I'm very pleased with them. I stand on them every day to get my weight and once a week I use my personal setting to do the full thing - it gives you weight in lbs or kgs (but not stones), body fat %age, visceral fat and BMI. I agree with @isis, it is a bit of a shock when you first get a body fat percentage reading but don't worry too much about the actual number just focus more on the downward trend.
21 posts Page 1 of 2