The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 8 of 33
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33 Next
Hoped for a jog today but OH overslept, so Carlisle again. A walk to and round Hammonds Pond from Aldi garnered only 6500 steps, but I had errands in the centre so I drove down to StNicholasGate and did a circuit of another 7000 or so.
Went out for a 7.7 mile ride today.
It was freezing, but so glad to be at home now with a nice black coffee :like:
Pilates this morning, then grocery shopping - no walk today but probably tomorrow
Mild, still, dry - it would have been ungrateful to walk rather than jog the 8.2 k circuit, however lethargic I felt. Once I started I was OK, and by taking it easy I cut down the walking to the least ever on this route.
Woke up at 5:00 AM this morning so went for a 1h30 walk. It's the only exercise I can do these days because of the piercing (can't do anything that involve the upper body for the next week) and I wanted to be done with it for the day
We postponed our jog till Friday, which looks like the least horrible day this week. OH wanted to get out of the house so I got my steps by doing the Village Round before we went, after we got back and again mid-afternoon after my break-fast. Windy and wet all 3 times, 5 to 10 minutes of heavy sleet on the last two excursions.
barbarita wrote: We postponed our jog till Friday, which looks like the least horrible day this week. OH wanted to get out of the house so I got my steps by doing the Village Round before we went, after we got back and again mid-afternoon after my break-fast. Windy and wet all 3 times, 5 to 10 minutes of heavy sleet on the last two excursions.

I take my hat off to you @barbarita braving the elements on such a horrible day! I'm afraid I'm very much a fair weather walker but did get my steps in at the gym and an aqua class so not too bad. :victory:
@callyanna, the bad weather has got me thinking how much cheaper waterproof clothing is these days. My padded hi-vis jacket is just as wind and water repellent as my mountain jacket, £20, a heavy fleece hood/scarf/balaclava garment £6, padded cycling gloves from Aldi. I did get extreme hiking socks and waterproof lace-up shoes from Mountain Warehouse. And I favour Rohan trousers, but I am sure cheaper brands would do the,job. This year for the first time I agree with the old saying that there is no such thing as,bad weather, only inadequate clothing. Note to our American members, I am talking about the British climate here!
I also had an impromptu 30 minutes walk in the rain with my dog this afternoon. Impromptu because I didn't plan to go to my parents'house today and when I am there I HAVE TO go for a walk with my little guy or it will be full crisis mode. He's a bit of a spoil brat this one :wink: :heart:

I came back soaking wet from head to toe (and I wore a pair of jeans), the water dripping from my face :razz: but what can I do ? I can't resist to that little otter face :heart:
We have had brilliant sunshine interspersed with black, very threatening clouds today. In one of the sunny intervals I got all dressed up in waterproof everything and set off - only to be attacked by stinging, icy, spicules full in my face! As I am a glasses wearer, being very shortsighted, I was quite unable to see anything so turned back after about five minutes and came home! I did manage to fill all the bird feeders though, so the birds were happy!

Well done, @Manderley. It's amazing the difference a dog makes!
The one we had before was a kind of a lazy boy so I didn't go that long with him but this one is still yong (2 years old), full of energy and I am the only one who goes for long walks with him, my dad can only go for a few minutes as he's tired easily.

It really helps to create a real bond with this guy which is essential as I have to be here just in case my dad can't take care of him any more.... And the walks are really less boring, I even went into the woods for the first time in years because of him !
Swimming for me. It's a bit of a faf, with all the changing and blow drying but it seems to be good for my back.
Woke up at 5:00AM again so went for a 1h30 walk again. As it seems that it will be raining most of the day it seems that it was a good decision, to go out that early, even if I would rather wake up 2 hours later....
8.2 k walk. First snow, then slush, then melt-off. Sunshine too.
7.6 mile walk today, missing nearly all of the snow showers and seeing a little egret (bird) remarkably close to home.
10 miles on the static bike yesterday, testing a new heart-rate strap, and that brings my total exercise since leaving hospital up to 130 miles on foot and 70 miles (going nowhere) by bike. Plus three sessions on the climbing wall...
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 8 of 33