The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 16 of 33
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 33 Next
It seems to be thanks MaryAnn. I walked into town yesterday and it twinged a bit but was ok later. Not sure if I will run tomorrow though.
Hi @MaryAnn, the Edale skyline does what it says, it follows the edge of the Kinder plateau and takes in Win Hill and the ridge of Lose Hill, Mam Tor and Rushup Edge before heading across the bogs to Brown Knoll and Edale head. The official race starts in Edale and runs up the Grindsbrook to get onto the plateau. we started in Hope and walked up Lose Hill first and finished with Win Hill, thereby avoiding an unnecessary thousand feet of height gain. Still came in at 4300 feet of ups & downs though! You don't get to cross Kinder on this challenge but you do on the Derwent Watershed, which is 42 miles when raced as the High Peak Marathon and is done in the dark in March (last Friday, I think). Potentially boggy with difficult navigation, our team of 4 managed a best time of 12 1/2 hours 20 years ago when we were fit, and much younger!
My first "proper" walk of 2015 - fell boots, gaiters and mountain jacket - but only 3.5 miles in Coomb woods, Armathwaite so hardly worth putting up the rambling tent for. If anyone has, it would be @CreakyPete with his Edale round. Sounds like fun, but I have scarcely set foot in the Dark Peak so my automatic word association is "boggy".
We did get out feet wet, and brown, during this walk but a lot of the boggy bits have been surfaced with big flagstones to give the Pennine Way people a chance! The helicopter was out flying bags of construction materials up to the moor - and the pilot was having a lot of fun in the process, getting to fly within a few feet of the hikers and terrain following on his descent for a quick turnaround. Funnily, I rang my hillwalking mate who lives up there for an estimate of the bogginess before we committed - he was non-commital having just got back from a fortnight in Greece! There were still a few isolated patches of spring snow in shady spots...
I guess I should have guessed that, Pete. I've walked all of that, but in several separate walks. Depending on the time of year, it's not that bad, barbarita, unless you go onto Kinder Scout.

The #2 thing I miss in the UK (my friends being #1) is walking in the Peaks. I love that so much of it is accessible by public transport!
Grey and Wuthering again, so back to hi-vis road marches. 5 miles.
5.5 mile walk, Saltburn valley gardens, beach and cliffs.
Took the girls for a sunkissed walk today. We came across some huge cattle that looked that Highland cattle with huge horns. They didn't seem that interested in us. Luckily I spotted them in time so I put the girls on the lead. Minnie may be tiny but she has no sense of size!
yesterday, I did 20 minutes of HIT. 10 mins of 16 secs up 20 down and 10 minutes of 15 up 45 down. I'm really hoping to swim today, but we'll see. It's a big time commitment.
Lunchtime:
Weights: Back, rear delts and biceps - 60 minutes

Going Now (5pm)

5 mile easy run
Wednesday - Pump Weights Class this morning for an hour - then out for a catch up for a friends birthday - had a white tea and a slice of choc cake.. after B2B fasts the last two days. Not one bit of guilt, until Ive spent the rest of the afternoon in the loo..

TMI? Sorry.

If its safe to do so, I'm off to Zumba Toning Class this evening for another hour of fun.. :)
Despite some cunningly inefficient shopping in town this morning, I was still 2000 steps short, so I had to do the Village Round . At least by then the wind had dropped and it was merely drizzling.
Just 2.4 miles before the rain today to check progress on the local gas leak - still not completed. Nursing my duff natural hip after the weekend excesses, plus a sore shoulder after bouldering last night. Maybe static bike tomorrow for a change...
Your post made me laugh, @barbarita. It's got me wondering if "cunning inefficiency" is common over in the fitbit thread...
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 16 of 33