The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 17 of 33
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 33 Next
Lunchtime :

HIIT 45 minutes. A good one today. properly drenched after.

Now (5pm) Hill walk 4.5 miles home.

Looking forward to that 500 cal dinner tonight :)
MaryAnn wrote: Your post made me laugh, @barbarita. It's got me wondering if "cunning inefficiency" is common over in the fitbit thread...

I was surprised by how many steps you can clock up in a day without doing "a walk" at all, provided you are prepared to be creative and are not chained to a desk for long hours. I am overcoming my natural tendency to couch out except for essential household chores on days when I don't have an interesting ramble, jog or bike ride I am looking forward to.

8.2k road walk.
I finally went swimming last night. And I joined up for one month unlimited pool access...
6 mile jog.
An hour long walk round a steep country park. Bushed, I is!
5.6 mile walk. Lambs.
8.2 k jog.
10 squats 10 press ups- it's a start!
I might do it again tonight...
Did more.
10 press ups, 30 sec plank and 10 mountain climbers.
That's me restarted so more tomorrow.
The third stage of my Carlisle Circular walk, from Morrison's to Eden Bridge via Asda, the Kingmoor nature reserves and Etterby. I walked 6.7 miles in total, 5.3 of these form part of the route. About half the route done and already clocked up 12 miles. I should not have joked about marathons.
20 jumping jacks, 10 mountain climbers and 10 burpees. Pechin' and blawin' like an auld wummin! i may be strong but my aerobic capacity is pants!
More strength tomorrow - it's the 30 day little black dress challenge.
and Beloved - all 6'6 of him, did day 1. :wink:
10.3 mile road walk, maintaining 4mph pace, having rested yesterday. May get the bike out tomorrow, looking at the forecast.
Decided to start posting exercise but for day before, as I never log on to this forum in the evening.

1 pm Yoga (45 mins)
5-6:15: Chest, shoulders, triceps, abs

7-8 : beginners salsa class (not really a workout, but hey...)
On Sunday, I went cycling with my new shoes. It's really scary being stuck to the pedals at first. I haven't fallen yet, but I've been warned it's likely to happen. I'm hoping the efficiency gained will help me on hills. It's so hilly where I live.

The trouble is, I feel like I've lost so much fitness from not running these last few months (plantar fasciitis). I've been staying active: I do strength training, HIT on the elliptical, swimming, and a bit of cycling. I had to take time off when I hurt my back, and I didn't do much besides walk when I was in California, but otherwise, I've stuck with it. The hills I did on Sunday's cycle ride nearly killed me though. These are hills I used to run fairly regularly. I'm thinking about doing my hill route I used to do for running every day at lunch time on my bike. I think it will be hell at first, but I'm hoping it will help with fitness. It's hard to do long cycle rides anytime but the weekend. I don't feel confident cycling at night yet… Okinawa drivers are a bit crazy...
6.2 mile jog. Sunny and still.
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 17 of 33