The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 20 of 33
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33 Next
I did my first run in a month and it was hard going and I only managed 20 minutes.
Brand-ie wrote: I did my first run in a month and it was hard going and I only managed 20 minutes.

Just what happens when circumstances conspire against you. If you can fit in two or three a week you will soon be back at your previous standard. :clover:
Me too, first run for about a month, it felt terrible for the first 5 minutes then I got into it and went further than my planned mile. Managed 3 km and about 20 mins which I was pretty pleased with. :cool:
It's easier the second (third, fourth, fifth...) time around because, like riding a bicycle, your brain remembers how to do it. It takes a while though for lungs, muscles and joints (in that order) to catch back up. Anyone up for planks?
Well since I'm not allowed to run ;o or jump (due to the hip replacement) I have walked Diego today too and by now my muscles in the right leg has got a wee bit stronger so I can walk up the stairs to the top floor without holding on to the banister. :)
Swimming.

I might start planks again. I'll try with my trainer once we get started to make sure I'm doing it correctly.
Stationary bike at the gym. Cadence was higher than 90 rpm on level 6-10 for 30 mins. Seriously very sweaty and puffing.
Planks? @MaryAnn? What's that?
I'm determined to do some yoga this morning (my fast day of all things). Just 15 mins a day might sort out my Buddha image that I currently have going on (not a good look really!)
Anyway, I've still a few hours to go until sunlight. Oh boy, it's going to be a looooong fast day! :confused:
This is a plank. It's good for strengthening your core.
0905-poster-plank.jpg
0905-poster-plank.jpg (21.72 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Oh I wondered if it was that. There was an article in the Daily Mail (where else?!) about it causing problems though. Is it a yoga move or Pilates? How long do you hold it for?
I seem to remember Oatesy doing this @carieoates...but it involved a bottle of wine and a kitchen sink! :shock:
Thanks for that @MaryAnn
Finally managed to get the Nike + fit app reinstalled after updating it.
So planning 20 mins on the bike/crosstrainer and then one of the strength ones.
Planks are in there along with press ups which I try and do anyway just cos i do have space .
Just keep trying , janeg ;)
@nursebean, it can be dangerous if your form isn't perfect. I also think holding it for a really long time isn't necessarily a good thing. I did one of these 30-day plank challenges awhile back, but the more I read about it, it the convinced I was that multiple 1 minute planks is better than long ones because you're more likely to keep good form over the shorter period.
oOooh, that was tough! Managed it though. 20 mins on the bike and 20 mins nike / tabata form.
Feels good now.
Seems that a lot of quanity over quality advice is being retracted now.
What with HIIT and shorter more intense stuff there may be hope for my attention span yet! 20 min is all I can be bothered with on exercise machines, even rowing on MadMax.
Just got home from bums and bellies. Hideous but must have been good for me! Lots of huffy puffy and sweaty betty. Oh, and I walked 3kms first thing this morning. Won't get much done tomorrow as a busy day starting with a 7am breakfast meeting and ending with dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Obviously not a fasting day tomorrow!
I can't compete with you guys but I DID manage to do 15 mins yoga toning this morning which seemed to give me a much needed boost for the early part of the day
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 20 of 33