The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 22 of 33
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33 Next
Yesterday, a fair wee bit if swimming and walking at the water park.
Today, 9k on the exercise bike at random 20 mins worth and 15 mins of hips, legs and core from Nike.
Still hard work and hoping that example will rub off on Beloved.
Yay did 25 minutes of running again today. Hopefully I am back on track. Off for a walk to my grandparents in a while.
Well done @janeg keep up the good work. Sydney has been suffering from horrendous rain and wind storms this week which has meant it has been too dangerous to go out for my morning walk. Going a bit stir crazy and my fit bit steps have never been lower. Fingers crossed it will be fine tomorrow.
@Pilchards, it's hideous! I did 16,000 steps in it today...see Fitbit thread for more, but suffice to say it's been a first for me. Driving down the footpath to avoid being swept away by floodwaters. Driving with water up to brake peddles. Aquaplaning through streets. Water ABOVE my wellies. I can't go on, I'm shattered. Add to that no electricity for 2 days :cry: :cry:
Hopefully you get your power back tomorrow @gmh and well done for getting the dogs out. I would have done if my little Miffy was still with me. I am planning to get up early tomorrow and walk for a good hour before going to work. Let's hope everyone who has been evacuated gets back home tomorrow too. :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:
Thursday and Friday have been hectic during the day so I've ended up on the stationary bike for 90 minutes both evenings.

What are your exercise plans for this weekend?
Today I went on a 25 minute run and then about 2 hours later an hour walk with my friend where we walked about 2.5 miles. My steps today are 18212 so far almost double my daily 10000 target. i think i will pay for this tomorrow :bugeyes:
There is a first for everything and last Thursday I signed up for the yearly step challenge at the bank. Even I was surprised :o
Got my little step counter on Friday and only managed 7900 steps that day. But yesterday I did 12270 :D Imagine me going out for walks with Diego and then one by myself...This morning I was out at 8.30 and have 7000 so far and I have my Diego walk left.
Hurray for me.
Cycling. probably about 70k. Soooo tired!
I did some strength training yesterday (first time back in the gym for two weeks and boy does my body know it). I also started insanity again today and it was hard..... completed it a couple of years ago with great results and so I am going to give it another go. : :like:
I watched people running in the London marathon today and felt so exhausted I had to lie down for a while!! :wink:
I've hurt my back. Think it's a combination of our bad mattress ( new one on order) and over doing it last week. So gently exercise today.
6.6 miles in 59 minutes, along the canal towpath mainly. Perfect morning for jogging, or anything really!
This was only my second training run in over a year, and two minutes faster than last week. No problem with metal hip.
CreakyPete wrote: 6.6 miles in 59 minutes, along the canal towpath mainly. Perfect morning for jogging, or anything really!
This was only my second training run in over a year, and two minutes faster than last week. No problem with metal hip.

Hey Pete - good to see you. But are you really allowed to run? I'm not since the hip replacement would wear out to early than the +30yr the doc said it would last. So I walk and honestly and finally find som enjoyment from it :)
Hi Wolfie! I had a resurfacing rather than a full replacement, and get to keep my femoral head - now covered with a nice metal hemisphere. The operation is aimed to allow young people to maintain active lifestyles, luckily 64 was considered young enough. Some surgeons don't allow impact activities for a year, others are more liberal and mine says I am OK to continue doing stupid things sensibly (climbing, biking, running). So far so good, and I don't necessarily need 30 years (although it would be nice!). Would recommend to anybody with osteoarthritis of the hip, although it is less suitable for small women unfortunately...
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 22 of 33