The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 25 of 33
Previous 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33 Next
I've never posted on this site, but why not. Exercise is important. So far today I did my early morning Ashtanga yoga routine, 35 minutes. I do that 6 days a week. Then I walked to the shop and back and did my morning walk. My Sport Tracker says it was 2.91 km. This afternoon I'll do my afternoon walk, which is slightly longer. I do those walks every day. They add up to about 5 km and one hour together.
Treadmill on Sunday, weights on Monday. I might not do anything today bc I have a late Skype interview.
30 munutes warmups, 2 hours dance rehearsals already done and 30 minutes walk with Happy this afternoon. Fortunately, the heat wave is long gone..... :cool: :grin:
20 mins on the X Trainer @ level 6, I only managed 15 mins yesterday so I call that progress. Like @Manderley I'm enjoying the fresher weather.
well we got your hot weather >.< Temps this week will be the mid 30s celcius/mid 90s farenheit :-(

I did a two mile walk at 7:30 am to beat the heat, but it was already starting to get hot by 8am.
After 2 hours sleep, it was a bit difficult this morning so really had to be careful with the warmups to be sure to not hurt anything but after that all went fine.

It's a big discovery that exercices are kind of a need here. Even with lack of sleep, I wouldn't dream of not going to the rehearsals
Another 20 mins on the Cross Trainer, but it was very hard today after my Fast yesterday and not much sleep. Still, I did it and am eating my post Fast Omelette
I went for a run, though possibly a jog or 'turbo shuffle' might be a better description. I've wanted to start running again for a while and today I got up and went out before I had a chance to talk myself out of it. I set out to do a mile, but it was such a nice morning I went for a detour through some orchards and came out somewhere unexpected. 2.1 miles in 25 mins. :heart:
I ran on the treadmill tonight after a couple of days off. My knees ache a bit, so I've gotten the frozen peas out.
I did my 3 hours dance this morning and, believe it or not, I was hungry for more !!!! It's difficult for me to understand, but it's okay I guess. Next week should see the return of a small heatwave so all sessions will be really really early or really really late
I went for a proper walk via our local pub with my husband, 4 miles there then a couple of Proseccos then 1.5 miles home.
@Manderley I love the way you have got so involved with Dance again, and are enjoying it so much :heart:
At the end of my second week of practise, I am 5 cm short from touching my nose with my leg.... :grin: That's one of the most enjoyable thing, finding back flexibility and strenght. After 2 knees surgeries I really didn't think that was possible :cool:
I went snorkeling yesterday because the sea looked so beautiful. Unfortunately all of humanity had the same idea. I still saw plenty of pretty fish, including a multigenerational family of Nemos hanging out on an anemone.
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.23 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Have started running again and did a run early today, plus lots of walking. 16k steps in total!
That pic is wonderful, @MaryAnn. I dream of water these days. My favorite spot is the Neuchâtel lake in Switzerland, you have the lake and the mountains in the background. I miss going there :heart:

@rawkaren I am impressed, I cannot manage more than 5000 step a day....

Still the usual routine, even if I was alone to do so this morning. I don't mind really, practising on my own, it's a chance to do more stretching and trying to master the splits and throw my leg so high that it will touch my nose.... :grin: I am a stubborn woman, the splits challenge won't dare resist me ! :evil: :-P
Previous 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 25 of 33