The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

11 posts Page 1 of 1
my 1 st fast will be monday
10 Jan 2015, 20:32
Hello everybody :smile:
I am glad to join you and wanted to introduce myself as my first fast will be monday 12 of january 2015
I did all sort of diet in the past but never manage to keep the weight off on the long term
but I have faith that this time will be the good one, in 2015 I also want to write my success story :wink:
I leave between paris and beijing, I am 33 years old, 170 cm and I am at my heaviest 82 kg :bugeyes:
my goal is to lose around 15kg and hope to find some support through this forum :clover: :heart:
thank you for your attention :smile:
jo
Re: my 1 st fast will be monday
10 Jan 2015, 20:57
Welcome jo and good luck with your first fast x
Look out for the fasting today thread on monday,where you' ll find fellow Monday fasters, including me.
It helps to know others are fasting too! X
10 Jan 2015, 21:30
And its a welcome from me too. Welcome Jo! You have definitely come to the right place. Everyone is super friendly here and there is plenty of advice and support available. Good luck with Monday's fast. You won't be alone. Monday is a popular day...I'll be there too!
Bean :bugeyes:
10 Jan 2015, 21:40
Hi Jo, welcome and good luck! As mentioned, there is lots of support to be found here, and lots to learn from the experience of others and the FastingLibrary, so do have a good read around.
Do measure everywhere and take a photo so that you have a 'before' picture for comparison.
Drink lots of non-sweetened minimal milk drinks on your fast day, and keep busy and active to help time pass.
Best wishes! :clover: :heart: :clover:
10 Jan 2015, 22:25
Hi newjo and welcome to the forum - good luck with your first fast. You'll find me on the Monday fast thread too. :smile:
11 Jan 2015, 10:49
Hello! Count me amongst those that you'll meet on Monday's Fasting Today thread :)

Living between Paris and Beijing sounds tiring yet delightful. What an interesting contrast, unless you're shuttling between them all the time in which case I'd imagine that it's mostly a blur.

You've had good suggestions about the fasting library of useful articles, measuring everywhere, and taking photographs to monitor your progress (the scale is useful but at best it's a poor proxy for all of the changes that a fasting lifestyle makes possible).

If you have any questions then please do speak up as there's a good chance that somebody else is wondering about the same thing.

I look forward to seeing your progress reported here on the forum!
11 Jan 2015, 11:11
Welcome to the forum Jo & good luck with your first fast :smile: I will also be fasting on Monday so post again then & ask any questions & also let us know how you are doing. Like many others I only have fluids until supper because I find once I eat something I start feeling hungry so feel more satisfied having one main meal. Bovril is also good as a soup substitute & gives you some salt.
11 Jan 2015, 14:48
Helllo and welcome to the best forum ever.
Good luck with your first fast, plan ahead and you'll do find, oxo, boulion, a boiled egg, tea, fizzy water, coffee, cuppa soup. See how long you can last before you take that first bite, be it lunch time or eve meal, it's better than nothing.
11 Jan 2015, 16:40
Welcome to the forum. J'adore Paris, veinarde! :insert very jealous smiley here:

Best of luck to you on Monday. I can assure you it's nowhere near as difficult as it sounds. Try to stay busy and have a plan. My plan is always to wait as long as possible to eat, because once I eat, it's a lot harder for me to control my appetite. So I wait until 6pm for dinner and eat a filling and healthy meal with lots of vegetables and some protein. Then I usually still have enough calories for a small snack before bed. Lots of warm, low calorie beverages help a lot, such as black coffee and herbal tea. In the mid afternoon, if I'm feeling particularly hungry, I find a nice mug of chicken bouillon/broth/bovril is very satisfying.

Bonne chance!
11 Jan 2015, 18:47
Welcome newjo! I am a Monday faster too. First one this year for me tomorrow....... back on the wagon! Weigh in in the morning. I also don't eat solid food til 6ish and survive on coffee and water. Good luck. I found it takes a couple of weeks to start feeling the benefits and enjoy fasting. I'm looking forward to my fast day tomorrow. Too many treats over the festive period. :)
12 Jan 2015, 12:34
Thanks a lot everyone for your support :smile:
I will follow your advice and really hope for the best ;)
I ll join the monday thread :like:

have a good fast everyone
jo
11 posts Page 1 of 1