The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 and lady parts
06 Mar 2015, 13:55
I have been on this ride for eight days now, allso being more considerate of my calories then I have been usual. on the days when I am not fasting. And I had my third FD yesterday. Today I got my period for the first time since july LAST year! It has been more or less m.i.a. the past two years, with NO regularety at all!
Is it possible that the 5:2 and fasting had impacted my "lady parts"? Even after only one week of 5:2?
Re: 5:2 and lady parts
06 Mar 2015, 14:14
There has been much chat on here about all things womanly. And I have to say that this made me chuckle. Sorry of that upsets you.

I very much doubt that after such as small amount of time fasting that your hormones have altered so dramatically. But having said that I'm pleased for you as this means that your body is repairing.
How old are you my dear?
06 Mar 2015, 14:18
carieoates wrote: There has been much chat on here about all things womanly. And I have to say that this made me chuckle. Sorry of that upsets you.

I very much doubt that after such as small amount of time fasting that your hormones have altered so dramatically. But having said that I'm pleased for you as this means that your body is repairing.
How old are you my dear?

Hahaha.. I am certainly not young enough for you to call me "my dear" haha... I am 31 and have to kids, so there is little that this body hasnt seen (except menopause, wich I hope is a loooong time til!) But thank you;)
06 Mar 2015, 14:53
Allso, I hope I from now on wont be knowned as the Norwegian girl ho wrote the period-post! Hahaha...
06 Mar 2015, 15:34
Fat cells can store estrogen, so as you diet and mess with your fat stores you may also be changing your bodies hormone levels. That in turn may have an effect on menstrual cycles and symptoms and menopausal symptoms. I don't remember the details, so I did a quick search for "estrogen" on the forum. I'm still not finding the info posted a couple of years ago. Perhaps someone knows more.
06 Mar 2015, 16:51
O'Dell wrote: Fat cells can store estrogen, so as you diet and mess with your fat stores you may also be changing your bodies hormone levels. That in turn may have an effect on menstrual cycles and symptoms and menopausal symptoms. I don't remember the details, so I did a quick search for "estrogen" on the forum. I'm still not finding the info posted a couple of years ago. Perhaps someone knows more.

Try searching for "oestrogen" @O'Dell. I wrote a fair bit about it a while back but cos I'm based in the UK, I used the UK spelling :wink:
06 Mar 2015, 21:38
Found it! This is the thread I was thinking of: benefits-side-effects-f28/bleeds-and-blotches-t11251.html?hilit=oestrogen Scroll down and there is a post from carorees explaining it.

Thank you @carorees! And as you see @Norwegian_girl, there has been plenty of discussion about lady parts here. :D
7 posts Page 1 of 1